eye floaters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eye floaters

Does anyone have experience with eye floaters? While staring at a white wall this morning i noticed something that appeared to be a tiny black hair in my line of vision. when i move my eyeball, it moves as if it's floating in water. if i move my eye rapidly and then stop my eyeball, the line moves rapidly then slowly comes to a stop and falls gently downward. it's really quite strange. anyway, does anyone have experience with this? i've also had some weird muscle aches and a headache today, though that's not abnormal for me.
    my primal journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

I have loads of these due to Diabetic retinopathy.

Comment

If they float, you may be eating too much fiber.
      Started my journey on May 22, 2010:

Beginning weight ~180
      Current weight ~145

Nov. 9, 2009........Nov. 9, 2010.....Jun. 17, 2011
      LDL 155...............LDL 176............LDL 139
      HDL 39................HDL 66..............HDL 95
      TGL 154..............TGL 77..............TGL 49

Comment

kcult, sometimes you're funny. but at least you try.

saqueen, i was wondering about this. i have a family history of diabetes (both sides), maybe my body is still healing from previous sugar binges? i've also been a bit dehydrated lately, i wonder how this factors in.
        my primal journal:

Comment

I've had tons of them ever since I was a kid, which I was told by my optometrist is typical for people with myopia (near-sightedness).

I hate 'em. I wish there was some easy way to filter the impurities out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
            Does anyone have experience with eye floaters? While staring at a white wall this morning i noticed something that appeared to be a tiny black hair in my line of vision. when i move my eyeball, it moves as if it's floating in water. if i move my eye rapidly and then stop my eyeball, the line moves rapidly then slowly comes to a stop and falls gently downward. it's really quite strange. anyway, does anyone have experience with this? i've also had some weird muscle aches and a headache today, though that's not abnormal for me.
            They appear to be associated with aging probably the result of oxidative damage.
            http://www.google.com/search?q=float...ient=firefox-a

Mine have improved *dramatically* in the last month or so, six months into primal.

Interestingly, I just had a vision exam today and my vision has improved significantly.

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Originally posted by Saoirse View Post

saqueen, i was wondering about this. i have a family history of diabetes (both sides), maybe my body is still healing from previous sugar binges? i've also been a bit dehydrated lately, i wonder how this factors in.
              Hmm if I were you I'd test my blood sugar a few times, just to be on the safe side.

Comment

I've got them. Eye doc says it's not abnormal. I hardly notice them anymore.

Comment

I have a few. Don't even notice them anymore. I was told they are very common and that sometimes there is now explanation. But who knows.
                  Family Living Simple blog

Facebook

Twitter @Famlivingsimple

Comment

I found his very informative article on Floaters:
                    http://ezinearticles.com/?A-Black-Sp...now&id=3500356

Best to you,
                    Grizz

Comment

Originally posted by K.ROB View Post
                      I have a few. Don't even notice them anymore. I was told they are very common and that sometimes there is now explanation. But who knows.
                      Oh, they are to be sure.

Saorise, there are lots of oxidative stressors to the retina...and other causes of inflammation. To be sure, checking blood glucose occasionally isn't a bad idea - but ask yourself this: what would it change? If you're doing all the right things, it might not be helpful. Having said that, I do

Light is another stressor - various antioxidants appear to be protective, D appears to be protective, keeping inflammation low overall appears to be protective.

Comment

Originally posted by cillakat View Post
                        They appear to be associated with aging probably the result of oxidative damage.
                        http://www.google.com/search?q=float...ient=firefox-a

Mine have improved *dramatically* in the last month or so, six months into primal.

Interestingly, I just had a vision exam today and my vision has improved significantly.

K
                        In that case, Kat, I've been old for as long as I can remember, as I've had 'em for as long as I can remember (and my sight's perfect).
                        La tristesse durera toujours...

Comment

Originally posted by Shrinking_Violet View Post
                          In that case, Kat, I've been old for as long as I can remember, as I've had 'em for as long as I can remember (and my sight's perfect).
                          Those things aren't mutually exclusive. it doesn't seem that 20/20 has anything to do with it.

Comment

"Oh squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the peripheral of my vision.
                            But when I try to look at you, you scurry away.
                            Are you shy, squiggly line?
                            Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
                            oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven."

Comment

Originally posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
                              Hmm if I were you I'd test my blood sugar a few times, just to be on the safe side.
                              i had an a1c done a while ago and it was normal. all of my test strips are expired, so i've stopped testing, but when i was testing i usually had low blood sugar in the mornings.
                              my primal journal:

Comment

Working...
                              X