Anyone have a recipe for these?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a recipe for these?

Coz I ain't gonna kill it if I ain't gonna eat it.

Yes, I stopped and took a cell phone pic of it. Then Dad ushered it back to the ditch with a few prods of a branch. People go out of their way to run over these critters.

Here's a pic of one I took last year:

Started my journey on May 22, 2010:

Beginning weight ~180
    Current weight ~145

Nov. 9, 2009........Nov. 9, 2010.....Jun. 17, 2011
    LDL 155...............LDL 176............LDL 139
    HDL 39................HDL 66..............HDL 95
    TGL 154..............TGL 77..............TGL 49

Rattler? Put it in a soup, chili, or a stew. Or just sear it up (full cook, kill germs) and add lemon and black pepper.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

Here's some ideas: http://www.recipesforwildgame.com/ra...ke_recipes.htm

Let us know how it tastes
      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

We killed a couple snakes. Fried them up like wings, then put them in tequila-lime sauce. Yumz.

Comment

I imagine you would probably need to know how to remove the poison sacks/glands, wherever the heck the poison is produced. Unless you don't mind dying a horrible death, that is.

Comment

Should be right up near the head. Poisonous snakes generally have a wedge/arrow shaped head, because of the glands.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonmamma View Post
              I imagine you would probably need to know how to remove the poison sacks/glands, wherever the heck the poison is produced. Unless you don't mind dying a horrible death, that is.
              It might make a nice glaze.

Beginning weight ~180
              Current weight ~145

Comment

So, just chop off the head and they're OK to eat? You're sure the gland doesn't go further down into the body? Have you done this personally with poisonous snakes? (Want to be totally sure just in case someone offers me a juicy, freshly killed rattler.)

Comment

Beginning weight ~180
                  Current weight ~145

Comment

Yup, pretty much. I always liked anatomy class, disecting animals and stuff like that. I guess somehow I always knew it would come in handy.

Comment

I often wondered why biology lab classes didn't have students dissect tomatoes, eggplant, stringbeans, etal. Seems like they are failing to fully educate our youth.

If the rejoinder is that they teach that area of dissection in home ec., why don't the home ec students learn to skin, clean, and break down a moose, too?

Same thing, isn't it?
                      Last edited by periquin; 11-08-2010, 10:57 PM.
                      Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

down here in Oz we just chop off the heads rip out the guts and eat em as is .. maybe with a little chili sauce ..
                        trust me ...
                        (oh and also we have dropbears, kangaroos hop around the main streets of our biggest cities and wrestling a crocodile is an adulthood initiation ritual) .....

Comment

HOLY CRAP I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that pic. I have a terrible phobia of snakes.

Comment

Originally posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
                            HOLY CRAP I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that pic. I have a terrible phobia of snakes.
                            You just messed up, lady. Muahahahahaha!!!

Just kidding!

Edit: Besides, I bet you could charm a snake easy with those eyes of yours. How you doin'?

Beginning weight ~180
                            Current weight ~145

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                              Should be right up near the head. Poisonous snakes generally have a wedge/arrow shaped head, because of the glands.
                              Sorry, DR, but this is my inner pedant again - rattlers are venomous, but NOT poisonous (I'd not want to eat a poisonous snake). AFAIK, there are only 3 species of poisonous snake (those which WILL kill you) - the Inland Taipan, the Australasian Sea Snake and the Banded Sea Snake.

The rest will just make you very ill, or cause a nasty wound. The bite of a constrictor may also kill you, but that's down to the bacteria in its mouth, obviously, not because it has venom glands.
                              La tristesse durera toujours...

Comment

Working...
                              X