Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ladies, I've just realised I can't recall when I last had a period!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladies, I've just realised I can't recall when I last had a period!

You know mine are buggered halfway to Hades anyway, but this is the longest I've gone without one. The last 10 days or so I've had what I thought were PMS pains (so I've been wearing big towels in preparation for the 'Big Whoosh'; well I'm still waiting) The pain isn't easing. I don't like taking too many pills, but I've been popping ibuprofen and paracetamol like sweets. I've been laying on my bed with a hottie on my tummy; that eases the pain a little, but only when the bottle's at its hottest.

How does one 'induce' a period, because I don't think I can put up with too much more of this agony. It comes in waves (hence my reasoning it's period pain) - goes from feeling like being kicked by a horse (and, yes, I DO know what that feels like - my sister's mangy mare kicked me once!) to just a dull throbbing (like a headache in my belly).

My forehead feels very hot - and quite 'tight' - too (but I couldn't tell you my temperature, because we don't know where the thermometer is).

Sorry, I shouldn't moan at you lot, you're probably thoroughly sick and bloody tired of me moaning...

Sarah xxx
    La tristesse durera toujours...

Um...if it's been months since you had your period and you're having that kind of pain, I would go to the doctor. Some infections can present like that. 10 days is a long time...
    Or, at least buy a new thermometer to see if you've got a fever.

Comment

Just like in every other thread ... you gotta eat more. You're not getting your period because you're too thin... even if you think you're not.
      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

How old are you? I went menopausal at 41. Could you be perimenopausal?

Comment

I know back when my periods would be late or skipped, the next one was always extra painful. But yeah, at your low weight I'm sure that's part of the irregularity.
          "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

I don't know much about your health care system or current situation (transportation, etc), but if it's possible, maybe it's time to see a doctor like melodius suggested. It would just be awful if you had contracted some type of bacterial infection that could easily be killed with by antibiotics, but dismissed it as PMS pain and it got worse. =[

Also, as someone who is having awful period-related cramps right this very minute, I feel for you. I'm at work, and I've been considering getting a cup of hot water from the kitchen down the hall just to hold against my abdomen. But with my luck, I'd spill it. =P
            "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

Wow, that's the reaction I get for uttering the words "low weight"? Didn't you say in a post just the other day that you're like 115 pounds?... And yet she also says you're 30% fat? How does that compute?

Regardless, you've already established through innumerable other posts that you're in an extremely aggressive weightloss mode and at your weight, that's more than enough to interrupt menstruation for some women. Even at much higher weights that's enough to interrupt menstruation for many women.

So yeah, that's how it sounds to me. You don't have to agree with me, I'm just telling you how it sounds. Friendly has nothing to do with it.
              Last edited by Jenny; 11-03-2010, 12:36 PM.
              "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

I have lost my period twice in my life - once when I my thyroid decided to die (was diagnosed hypothroid) and the other when I went into spontaneous menopause (gotta love the autoimmune disorders). I would encourage you to go have your hormone levels checked.

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity
                  but at the same time no dildos will be made out of it either
                  I wouldn't be so sure... they sell kits now that let you do exactly that. I'd include a link, but I'm at work and it doesn't seem like a good idea to just start googling "make-your-own-dildo kit" and whatnot.
                  "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

iniQuity, seems I cannot drink my coffee when reading your posts.....got me again!
                    Glad to hear you are happy with your body parts, wish taht was the case for more people! Dont give up hope on the cast project though.....everyone has to have a dream!
                    Redflame
                    Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
                    Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
                    Goal of Significant Weight Loss
                    15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

hahah ok i had to laugh this time before i can reply....now that i got that out

trying to be calm about this(which you obviously need work on)....menstruation isnt about body fat or a BMI or weight.... you have problems, mental problems, with a lot. it isnt just food or calories or amounts, you flip the f*ck out about everything. really...let's think about this... what entity in it's right mind would grant you or even have a desire to allow you to have a body which can carry a baby to term.... you stress yourself out BEYOND belief, even more so than i can comprehend....your period probably has nothing to do with food or weight and everything to do with your body having ZILCH, nada, no trust in you whatsoever...

*do yourself a favor and get a therapist
                      *start journaling your feelings(not on this site do it on your own for yourself)
                      *start doing breathing exercises and relaxation technique
                      *start eating more
                      *stop thinking about everything, JUST EAT REAL FOOD, none/most of the dietary advice on this site praticuarly applies to you

your body has NO homeostasis and will not have it until you stop being the obsessive overanalytical freakout personality of a person you are. until then, your period wont return... fertility, like diet, STARTS IN YOUR HEAD. when you have your HPA axis going hay-wire under chronic stress it induces the body in insulin resistance, obsession, carb cravings, and feeds off serotonin/dopamine malfunctioning....your brain is signaling the wrong things to your body(not that i believe for a second your 30% bF) and your body is responding with inflammation(in your mind and body), thus stress, chemical disregulation and obviously, no period.

you really need to get this under control as it effects all your organs, from your brain to everything in your body it signals

you HAVE TO LEARN TO RELAX. sit still. be with yourself. BREATHE. EAT. but STOP THINKING about yourself and your diet- that is where ALL of your thoughts go. that is 1000000% anywhere but where they need to be. do not think about it at all. dont think about your body, dont think about the amount of food you eat, dont think about macros, dont think about your clothes.... IF....IFFFFFF you can accomplish this youll be smacked with the reality of how mentally selfish you are as you spend 100% of your time worrying and stressing about nothing but you
                      Get on my Level
                      http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Redflame View Post
                        iniQuity, seems I cannot drink my coffee when reading your posts.....got me again!
                        Glad to hear you are happy with your body parts, wish taht was the case for more people! Dont give up hope on the cast project though.....everyone has to have a dream!
                        I used to have qualms about it, then I realized I had been with a few girls who were all "return customers" so I figured I gotta be doing something right and stopped worrying about it. Now I try to rub it against women and walk away saying "you're welcome" ...
                        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

+ 1 Malpaz
                          And I second not consuming any liquid while reading....between fucking yourself with a cactus and clitoral size dicks, I have greatly lowered my cortisol levels with laughter.

Comment

google 'ketogenic diet missed period' or something like that. in the results, you will get a lot of messageboard threads where females talk about losing their periods for a very long time when eating stupid low carb. i know you are eating stupid low carb. that is why you are missing your period.

you need to eat, you need to eat right, you need to not throw huge amounts of dairy down your throat because that's what's making you pudgy. if all you can do is eat 40 lbs of spinach a day, then fucking do it. because what you're doing now is not healthy at all, and it is certainly NOT PB.

insert everything that MalPaz said here. enlarge it to a 500 pt. font. there is absolutely nothing any of us here on the boards can do for you. you need to get professional help for your nutrition and your mind.
                            sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

s_V,
                              You know pain and symptoms like that could be a sign of a really nasty infection, right? I mean the kind that could take away what little fertility your PCOS hasn't and scar your womanly parts? Please, get thee to a doc, posthaste. Even if it's the hospital in this case. I'm dead serious. I've seen a couple friends and a grandmother with symptoms like that where it was something BAD. Please, please, PLEASE, for the love of anything you consider holy, for any self love you have, PLEASE get to a doc about this.
                              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                              X