What to drink at a club?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to drink at a club?

I am going to see a performer tonight in a club and have no idea what (if anything) to drink there other than water. I am not a big drinker, am not in the mood for wine. I'd like to mix vodka or another hard liquor with something but not sure what would be a good choice. I am not opposed to diet coke, but would prefer something a little more 'exotic'.

Any ideas?

Well anymore, getting anything more exotic than say a Jack and Diet is probably going to pump you full of sugars ontop of the booze. Some bars will be more primal friendly than others though.
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

I know. I want to avoid sugars and malts altogether which is why I am trying to figure out what to pair with vodka other than diet coke that will taste good.

Comment

Could you order a martini?
        My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

Have the vodka with club soda and lime
          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Use Club Soda, sparkling water.

Grizz

Comment

But be sure to ask for limes, otherwise you may end up with some weird sugary syrup

My blog

Comment

Or do what my hubby does when he is the DD. He asks for iced tea, un-sweetened, in a beer glass. Guess what? It looks like beer so no one realizes you aren't drinking

He had to do that when we would go to the pub with my brothers because they believe an empty glass is a sin and would keep bringing him drinks. DH would tell the bartender if they were getting more than one beer to ask him who it was for so he could do the switch-a-roo. It worked like a charm. Before we were primal he would get ginger ale in a beer glass...lol
                Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

I don't go to clubs much anymore, but last time I drank whiskey on the rocks...
                  * Pixy's Quest for Regaining Health *
                  Trying to gain weight, clear scarring acne, and fix thyroid and digestive issues with primal lifestyle- here goes something!

Comment

check out Robb Wolf's "Norcal Margarita"

Comment

Vodka on the rocks with lemon pieces. Pretty strong but tastes surprisingly good

Comment

Bacardi and Cranberry juice. It has a more sugar, than optimum, but you won't get a hangover.

Someone on another thread suggested cider as a beer alternative as well.

I prefer Maker's Mark on the rocks, or a top shelf rum with a squeeze of lime.
                        Every Day is a New Adventure

Comment

Thanks guys. They did not serve hard liquor there so it was pretty easy. I had a diet coke and a cup of steaming hot tea :-)! I will keep these in mind for my next foray into a bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Adventure8410 View Post
                            Could you order a martini?
                            This. Watch out though, martinis have a kick.

Or you could have a watered down whiskey or just get whiskey on the rocks and wait for the ice to melt a bit.

I made a thread about mixing drinks because I was wondering the same.

Really, I think its time for you to gain an appreciation of straight spirits and learn to sip them slowly with an air of refined dignity.
                            A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Scotch and soda

Comment

Working...
                              X