Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm beginning to get some very odd looks round the common...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm beginning to get some very odd looks round the common...

I've double-dared myself to yell "Hiya Kelly" or "Hiya Ken" after every runner going flat out round the woods!

I'm hoping one day that one will stop and ask me why - and then I can whip out my copy of the PB, which I shall have in my rucksack, and compel them to read all about it (or I will be able to when my mate gives me it back! )

One of these days, I'm gonna be strait-jacketed and carted off!
    La tristesse durera toujours...

I'm pretty sure that I would not take seriously anything someone who behaved like that had to say.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

Eh? Sense of humour bypass...?
      La tristesse durera toujours...

Comment

Originally posted by Shrinking_Violet View Post

Nah. Merely cognizant of the line between "humorous" and "ludicrous."
        Last edited by BarbeyGirl; 10-25-2010, 12:26 PM.
        Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Shrinking_Violet View Post
          I don't think it's lack of sense of humor. I think about it as the situations being reversed. If I knew nothing about PB and I was in the gym minding my own business lifting weights and someone said, "Hey, Grokette!" I wouldn't go out of my way to further a conversation with them.

Comment

I'd just assume it was a slang greeting.

Comment

In general, I'd wager that shouting at strangers in the park is not seen as a sign of mental health by said strangers. But hey, whatever makes you laugh!
              "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Violet,
                I triple Dog Dare You !

Best to you,
                Grizz

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                  In general, I'd wager that shouting at strangers in the park is not seen as a sign of mental health by said strangers.
                  Way nicer than what I almost posted in here.

Comment

As a recovering cardio pig I would put money down that few if any poeple would stop. I know that once I started my run and got into my rythem I hated stopping for anything.
                    Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bane View Post
                      *smirk* My husband works with mentally ill adults for a living. This behavior is merely eccentric compared to some of the fun stories he brings home from work. (of course he anonymizes and remixes and delays these stories in arbitrary ways to protect confidentiality.)

So until she starts having sex with picnic tables or insists diabetes is a mass conspiracy to cryogenically store us all in a museum, I'll stick with assuming only strangers would call that crazy.
                      "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Sarah, your Aspie is showing
                        Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bane View Post
                          Ok, so now I gotta know what you were going to say.

SV,if you know someone you are trying to help maybe try having a conversation with them. All your behavior will be doing is making others think there is something wrong with you. Nobody listens to the "town nut" even when they are right.
                          My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

This sounds akin to standing there with a sign reading "THE END OF THE WURLD IS NEER" and screaming at Sinners to Repent. The message, uh, may be sound but the delivery is...offputting.
                            carl's cave

Comment

Oh look, it's an SV thread.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Working...
                              X