Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enlarged lymph node since going primal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Enlarged lymph node since going primal.

    Ever since I have been on a primal diet (circa 6 weeks) my lymph node/gland on the left side of my neck has become enlarged. Blood tests come back as normal. Could changing diet cause enlarged lymph nodes or is it just a coincidence? No signs of any abnormalities in the groin or armpits just the neck.

  • #2
    How big is it? Likely coincidental.

    Comment


    • #3
      Just under an inch.

      Comment


      • #4
        One possibility is if you had been eating very low quality meats, your lymph system might be cleaning out hormones and various other drugs you took in with the meat.
        http://www.theprimalprepper.com - preparing for life's worst while living for the best

        Comment


        • #5
          Aren't the toxins that are stored in fat cells released when the fat is burned? Maybe you're just burning a ton of fat?
          Starting Weight : 338lbs 6/11/2010
          Current Weight: 266lbs
          High-school Weight: 235lbs
          Goal: ????

          Comment


          • #6
            The meat I buy isn't grass fed organic as I don't have the funds right now (unemployed) however it is still decent from a good quality butchers. I didn't really have much fat to lose to be honest.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Pezerinno View Post
              Ever since I have been on a primal diet (circa 6 weeks) my lymph node/gland on the left side of my neck has become enlarged. Blood tests come back as normal. Could changing diet cause enlarged lymph nodes or is it just a coincidence? No signs of any abnormalities in the groin or armpits just the neck.
              Pezerinno,
              If you don't have anything obvious like gum disease or a dental problem, GO SEE A DOCTOR. Swollen lymph is caused by an infection of some kind that your immune system is fighting. It could be a minor infection that will clear up with antibiotics or it could be serious such as lymphoma.
              Could also be caused by infection in Tonsils, adenoids, saliva glands, etc.

              Photos of conditions leading to swollen nodes:
              http://www.dentalmedsoft.com/OralPat...hapter%201.htm

              Diagram:
              http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Lymp...ds-Swollen.htm
              http://www.patient.co.uk/diagram/Lym...d-and-neck.htm
              Looking at the diagrams, which node is swollen?

              Best to you & please keep us informed,
              Grizz
              Last edited by Grizz; 09-29-2010, 09:29 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Grizz View Post
                Pezerinno,
                If you don't have anything obvious like gum disease or a dental problem, GO SEE A DOCTOR. Swollen lymph is caused by an infection of some kind that your immune system is fighting. It could be a minor infection that will clear up with antibiotics or it could be serious such as lymphoma.
                Could also be caused by infection in Tonsils, adenoids, saliva glands, etc.

                Photos of conditions leading to swollen nodes:
                http://www.dentalmedsoft.com/OralPat...hapter%201.htm

                Diagram:
                http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Lymp...ds-Swollen.htm
                http://www.patient.co.uk/diagram/Lym...d-and-neck.htm
                Looking at the diagrams, which node is swollen?

                Best to you & please keep us informed,
                Grizz
                Thank you for your concern however I have gone to a doctor and had a blood test which came back normal. The doctor didn't seem to be too concerned but I have made another appointment for the week after next (earliest I could do).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Pezerinno,
                  But you overlooked my question. Looking at the diagrams, which node is swollen?

                  Grizz

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Grizz View Post
                    Pezerinno,
                    But you overlooked my question. Looking at the diagrams, which node is swollen?

                    Grizz
                    Sorry Grizz,

                    It appears to be the Cervical lymph gland. It was really quite pronounced when I first noticed it; like a golf ball almost but went down after a couple of days and now seems to vary slightly in size.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Pezerinno,

                      How to Evaluate Swollen Cervical Lymph Nodes:
                      http://www.ehow.com/how_6031729_eval...mph-nodes.html

                      You definitely have an infection of some kind that your immune system is trying to fight off. That is why it is swollen. You didn't say what brand of Primal Diet you are on. How many carbs per day are you eating? If you went Catabolic, 0 to 50 grams of carbs per day, then your immune system could be fighting yeast die-off, called Candida:
                      * Candida Symptoms
                      http://www.holistichelp.net/candida.html
                      * Candida, The Yeast Syndrome
                      http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/candida/index.php
                      * Candida Die Off Symptoms
                      http://www.holistichelp.net/candida-die-off.html

                      If you are NOT on a ketogenic diet, then do you have any other symptoms of infection? Headache, pain anywhere? tooth problems? sore red gums?

                      So questions are
                      1) Carbs per day?
                      2) Any other symptoms of infection?

                      Grizz

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I never really went below 100g a day as I don't want to lose any weight. No other symptoms as far as I can recall although I know I was very tired when the lymph gland first appeared for a few days but I thought that might be me adjusting to the primal diet. The doctor thought I may have/had glandular fever (mono) hence the blood test but that came back normal.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It appears I have another swollen lymph node in my groin

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I want you to go back to your doctor. This seems a little worrisome to me.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Definitely. Go to a doctor.
                              iHerb.com 1st time buyer $5 discount code: GIS836

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X