Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the Wild Sighting - New Mexico

Wow what a small world.

My son and I are eating at Denny's this AM in Farmington, New Mexico, on a college visit trip. Our energetic Denny's waitress, Abby, takes our order. I get the Ultimate Omelette, side of sausage, hold the hash browns and bread, banana instead please. She says, "What, are you on some kind of special diet?"

I tell her "I don't eat grains". To which she replies, "I eat a special diet called paleo".

About fell out of my seat. Then the real talking began, with high fives all 'round. Abby has read Mark's book, has been primal for 18 months, lost 50+ lbs, and started mixed martial arts in JAN of this year. Her entire MMA training team is on the primal diet now. She says they have all come around to paleo/primal because of the huge energy and performance benefits.

So a big hello to Abby in New Mexico. And don't mess with her at Denny's - she looks like 140 lbs of smiling stainless steel!
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

This makes me smile! I've only just gotten started, and I'm praying I'll find more like us where I live. It's encouraging to know they're out there!
    Quietly Primal
    Eating food that remembers where it came from

Comment

ha i love that, i'm still the oddball around here
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
        I tell her "I don't eat grains". To which she replies, "I eat a special diet called paleo".

About fell out of my seat. Then the real talking began, with high fives all 'round. Abby has read Mark's book, has been primal for 18 months, lost 50+ lbs, and started mixed martial arts in JAN of this year. Her entire MMA training team is on the primal diet now. She says they have all come around to paleo/primal because of the huge energy and performance benefits.

So a big hello to Abby in New Mexico. And don't mess with her at Denny's - she looks like 140 lbs of smiling stainless steel!
        Like Serial says, "we've gone mainstream folks".

Very cool, Joe.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Hi-5 to Abby! You go, girl!
          Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
          Current weight: 199
          Goal: 145

Comment

I am surprised by how many primal people I keep hearing about here in NM . Next time I am in Farmington I will go to Denny's.

Comment

I've only met 1! Spread the word people, spread the word!

Comment

Yey! Excellent!

3 scram, 4 bacon, dry HB, NO toast

Comment

That means there are two of us in NM! yay!
                  RKC, AFAA PT
                  ------------------------------------------------
                  “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.” -Jim Rohn

Comment

It's good to know that I'll be in good company when I move to New Mexico next summer!

Comment

Originally posted by Catalyst View Post
                      That means there are two of us in NM! yay!
                      There is also RogerdeRock and Sonofgrok here in Albuquerque. So that makes 5 at least.

Comment

Originally posted by fyrespryte View Post
                        It's good to know that I'll be in good company when I move to New Mexico next summer!
                        Where are you moving to?

Comment

Working...
                        X