• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate Primal Diet....

WTF no coffee....*grumble* *grumble* *grumble*

Who said no coffee?

Comment

Haha. Who said no coffee? Last I heard, even Mark drinks it most days. I don't think he would tell people not to eat/drink something that he does.

Comment

funny just had a cup of coffee w/coco powder and vanilla stevia topped off w/ whip cream yummmmmmmm

Comment

Me too but mine was coffee and coconut milk.

Comment

Coffee w cream...my one vice if you can even call it that. 2 "cups" (ok its a 24oz tumbler but who's counting) per day

Comment

Haha... boy do I know how you're feeling right now! I went without caffeine for 3 weeks recently, and those first few days I wanted to tear anyone in half who even looked at me the wrong way. I'm back to using it moderately now (1 or 2 small cups of coffee a day)... and I don't think coffee or tea are bad things to consume, in reasonable amounts, as long as you don't have any sleep problems or other health issues from caffeine. But if you're feeling the way your post suggests, then maybe you were a bit too hooked on it, like I was. =] It will get better soon, I promise!
              "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

There's this book that you should read, Mizu. It's called The Primal Blueprint, by Mark Sisson.
                You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

LOL Yeah...I was 5 cups before lunch and maybe a bit more after. Its like breathing. If I reach for my cup and its empty I get more. Been drinking it since I was 6 and a 4 year run in the Army solidified its place as one of my food groups. (right next to poptarts).
                  Trying to cut down but I feel like a smoker. Haveing a caffeine fit.

Hey Grumpy... Got it for my kindle about a month ago.

Mizu
                  Water Tribe

Comment

Coffee is overrated
                    MDA PRIMAL LIBERTARIAN GROUP

Comment

Originally posted by shemdogg View Post
                      Coffee is overrated
                      Isn't coffee the richest dietary source of antioxidants?

Comment

Mark says, "I have coffee and wine most days, but I keep it within reason. "

Link here:
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/soda-alternatives/

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BLACK COFFEE ON A PRIMAL DIET.

Best to all,
                        Grizz

Comment

Ha mark mentioned kava kava
                          MDA PRIMAL LIBERTARIAN GROUP

Comment

I'm winding down to go caffeine free soon...my one cup of coffee that I enjoyed in the mornings has slowly become 3 cups...and sometimes a bit more if it's left in the pot. I just don't like the idea of relying on it too much. It's one thing to have it in small amounts and enjoy it for what it is. It's another to need it.

Primal eating isn't about food re-enactment. If you read the book, then you would know that coffee isn't "forbidden"
                            Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Anything that makes you THAT MAD when you contemplate eliminating it is probably something you have too much of.
                              Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
                              Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

Working...
                              X