Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Only Reason I Didn't Win the Brain Contest

I blame my job.

Hints: The block game doesn't need to be played, you can find the password with an internet search. I used youtube. The anagram can be solved in 2 seconds using an online anagram solver. The number sequence is a what is the next number in this sequence type problem. Level six doesn't have an answer as far as I know. Level six is about where to put your possible guesses.
    Last edited by Grok; 09-24-2010, 12:40 PM. Reason: Added Hints

I blame my disability to process math/numbers. I didn't get passed level two..lol I don't do well with that. I can't process numbers or patterns like that, never could finish a soduko puzzle.
    Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

The end of my puzzle adventure yesterday was just about 10 minutes into the fresh post. Level one was a breeze, level two caused me to throw my computer through the 11th floor, plate glass window of a skyscraper. (The only saving grace is that I work in a one story office,...so my computer is still here, actually still laughing at me!)
      Redflame
      Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
      Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
      Goal of Significant Weight Loss
      15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

Soduko puzzles are a lot easier with a pencil and eraser, and simply filling in all possible values for each empty square.

Comment

I blame my mush-for-brains.

Comment

Originally posted by Grok View Post
            Soduko puzzles are a lot easier with a pencil and eraser, and simply filling in all possible values for each empty square.
            When you have a number processing brain that doesn't reverse things a lot...orfl. <~ my point right there, normally i would fix that, but it is a good example of what I am talking about. My brain always does that. If you dictate a number to me I will write it down backwards, even if I repeat it back to you properly
            Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

Originally posted by NutMeg View Post
              When you have a number processing brain that doesn't reverse things a lot...orfl. <~ my point right there, normally i would fix that, but it is a good example of what I am talking about. My brain always does that. If you dictate a number to me I will write it down backwards, even if I repeat it back to you properly
              Well, for those of you who are numerically challenged, the password for the next level is 425163231546514632 (I suggest you use copy&paste )

Comment

i didn't brain because i have the dumb.
                sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

DOH! I never thought of searching the internet! I didn't make it past that level 3 game, because I didn't have the patience!

Comment

I need a hint for level 4. Seems like a straight alphabet substitution exercise, but that produces garbage. Feeding that garbage into an anagram solver produced no result (which is not surprising, because it contains three Xs, a Z, and Q!)

So if someone could point me in the right direction? I don't want the answer, just a hint!
                    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
                    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

I failed to win because I didn't bother to start.

Comment

Originally posted by lizch View Post
                        I need a hint for level 4. Seems like a straight alphabet substitution exercise, but that produces garbage. Feeding that garbage into an anagram solver produced no result (which is not surprising, because it contains three Xs, a Z, and Q!)

So if someone could point me in the right direction? I don't want the answer, just a hint!
                        Some online anagram solvers are better than others. I had to try a few before I got the answer. However you want some hints, the last word is plural, and the two vowels in the last word are Es. The letter that occurs four times is an R.
                        Last edited by Grok; 09-25-2010, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Thanks Grok!

Never thought of the possibility that an anagram might follow the alphabetic substitution. Now to go back to my scribbled pages to see what substitutions I tried and which of those look anagrammable.
                          Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
                          Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

actually it is not an anagram...
                            it is an oval cryptogram, use a site like wolfram alpha to descramble it... 2 seconds work (actually the first word is enough to know the rest of the sentence )

Comment

Working...
                            X