Abdominal fat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abdominal fat

My 59-year-old mum has just shown me that she now has two hollows under her ribcage, one on each side. I'm very impressed because I had noticed the same thing about my own belly a few months ago. And I optimistically took it to mean that we no longer have any dangerous intra-abdominal fat, though the two of us still have plenty of subcutaneous fat -- at least we can still float in a swimming pool.

So can anyone confirm or deny this? I've weighed 137 lb before, but I don't remember my lowest ribs ever sticking out.
    Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

I can't say for sure, but that does sound reasonable. Your inter-abdominal fat does go before the subcutaneous stubborn fat will.
    http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

that's encouraging! sometimes I start to lose inches around my waist and yet my tummy fat doesn't change. I guess I need to "stay the course" and not get so excited about the little changes.
      my primal journal:
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Woot! I agree it is the loss of that dangerous belly fat
        Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

My mum used to have fatty liver and high blood pressure, not any more. And we both eat plenty of fruit daily, so for us at least a fructose-free diet is not necessary to lose belly fat. Fruit is not sugar, as coca leaves are not cocaine.
          Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
          Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
          No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
          Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

Comment

Working...
          X