The value of aesthetics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The value of aesthetics

Sometimes one stumbles into situations that make you re-evaluate your stand about the importance and value of aesthetics in this world of ours.

http://bit.ly/bNdt6e
    “Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Well, it wasn't gotse at least. I missed the point you're trying to make, though.

Comment

I find a subtle sentimental and intellectual quality to her art. She is painting a robust portrait of her innermost feelings with interpretive dance. She has opened the window to her psyche and graciously allowed me to peer inside, and it is beautiful, even if she is not. And I feel enriched Like how Bob Dylan is still good despite not being a very good singer.

5 stars indeed! And 5 stars for Mr. SS for sharing this with us
      Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

The scene where she subtly pours cereal (?) over her sinuous, oiled-up anatomy in the presence of her children makes me question my faith in humanity
        “Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
        "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

You have faith in humanity still? I wish that video was the worst thing I have seen this week!

At least she didn't have the kids feed it to her...
          Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Just makes you wonder, doesn't it? I guess people do these things because they can. I highly doubt there is anything (deeper) behind this video.

Comment

Originally posted by SerialSinner View Post
              The scene where she subtly pours cereal (?) over her sinuous, oiled-up anatomy in the presence of her children makes me question my faith in humanity
              Actually, scratch that.

I share your faith questioning, but it's not videos of stupid people doing stupid but largely harmless things that tops my list of reasons. In case you've never had the pleasure: http://www.cantrip.org/stupidity.html
              Last edited by blank_faceplate; 09-16-2010, 07:41 AM.

Comment

how very odd. i have no problem with parents dancing suggestively in front of their pre-pubescent children as long as said children are ignorant of the meaning behind those moves. however, the part where she was thrusting her pelvis directly in front of her little one's face= eww. and the little one trying to stuff "dollar bills" into her belly button=double ew. At the same time, I think it's awesome that such a voluptuous woman could dance with such energy. makes me look like a couch potato (oh wait, i AM a couch potato).
                my primal journal:
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

omf(nonexistent)g

really?

did that really just happen?

and I'm so lost. why is the thread called 'The Value of Aesthetics?"

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

bizarre

Comment

I'm not clicking that, and I'm glad my no_script add-on for Firefox stopped any pictures from coming up.
                      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

thank you for reminding me that i need to not worry about parenting so much and just get stupid with my kid from time to time.
                        sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

Originally posted by batty View Post
                          thank you for reminding me that i need to not worry about parenting so much and just get stupid with my kid from time to time.
                          There's a wide chasm between "just get[ting] stupid with my kid" and whatever the hell that was. Like I said, at least it wasn't goatse, but still, some links are best left unclicked. I usually make it a policy to never, ever click on obfuscated urls, but I was dopey from the hydrocodone I've been taking as a little bedtime treat, and feeling stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by blank_faceplate View Post
                            There's a wide chasm between "just get[ting] stupid with my kid" and whatever the hell that was. Like I said, at least it wasn't goatse, but still, some links are best left unclicked. I usually make it a policy to never, ever click on obfuscated urls, but I was dopey from the hydrocodone I've been taking as a little bedtime treat, and feeling stupid.
                            to each their own, man. the folks in the video included.
                            sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

interesting. to each their own I guess

Comment

Working...
                              X