Think I may have glandular fever.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think I may have glandular fever.

I have had a swelling on my neck; looks like the lymph nodes so I saw the doctor today and she thinks I may have glandular fever (mono). Funnily enough it tied in almost to the day I started eating primal so maybe it wasn't low carb flu after all. I have a blood test next week which should hopefully determine what it is.
    Last edited by Pezerinno; 09-16-2010, 06:16 AM.

how much D are you taking?

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

When I had mono, I had a huge gland swollen up on the side of my neck.
      I also was sleeping 16-18 hours a day, and in no way could have mistaken it for "low carb flu".

Comment

I don't think you can write off enlarged lymph nodes to low carb flu.

I didn't have mono, but had something similar, and I agree, it knocks you right under. But on the other hand, most viral illnesses have wide variability in severity.

Comment

Originally posted by cillakat View Post
          how much D are you taking?
          Not taking any at the moment. I need to see where I am with this blood test before I start taking anything.

I could quite easily sleep most of the day at the moment. Slept 11 hours last night, loss of appetite and body aches.

EDIT: sorry I meant WASN'T low carb flu not was in original post.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pezerinno;212044]Not taking any at the moment. I need to see where I am with this blood test before I start taking anything.
            QUOTE]

Just keep in mind that the D could really really help your body kick this thing.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

[QUOTE=cillakat;212327]
              Originally posted by Pezerinno View Post
              Not taking any at the moment. I need to see where I am with this blood test before I start taking anything.
              QUOTE]

Just keep in mind that the D could really really help your body kick this thing.
              I will definitely look into vitamin D along with magnesium but at the moment I seem to have so many niggling issues I don't want to add anymore variables at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by melodious View Post
                When I had mono, I had a huge gland swollen up on the side of my neck.
                I also was sleeping 16-18 hours a day, and in no way could have mistaken it for "low carb flu".
                I had Glandular Fever earlier this year and for the first week of it I just felt tired tired tired. No swellings or anything else. They came later and lasted for weeks!

Comment

Working...
                X