No announcement yet.

for my fellow grokettes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful post! And very true. Thought I'd share here my photos at the same weight. It's not as dramatic as Batty's but it opened my eyes to see how much progress I have made.

Taken in February 2009, weight 190lbs:-

Taken today (9/16/2010), weight 190lbs:-

Hopefully with a bit more time my body composition will change even more.
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Comment

you are beautiful victoria!!!!!
      Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Comment

Originally posted by Shrinking_Violet View Post
        The BIG problem I have now is how the hell do I lose the 10-15% BF I believe I need to lose without losing (too much) more on the scale, because obviously, 15% of 118 is around 18lb and there is NO WAY ON EARTH I want to weigh 7st 2! I can't see myself being able to tone up that much - EVER!
        eat your meat.
        lift heavy stuff.
        it will happen

Originally posted by PrimalWannabeGirl View Post
        Our days on this earth are numbered, and we don't even know what our number is. If you were to die tomorrow, would it matter how much you weighed that morning? Or would it matter how well you lived?
        i am printing this out in a really big font and putting it on my fridge. so poignant.

and victoria, i absolutely adore your curves.

we got a lotta strong women here. i love it.
        sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

Violet,
          You should be very proud of the success you are. Your pictures clearly show a huge change. I suggest you stop comparing yourself to your sister or anyone else for that matter.

Comment

*applauding everyone who posted pics*

I don't have the courage. I can't stand looking at myself in pictures. Then again, I couldn't when I was skinny, either. How do I stop seeing 'ugly' in the mirror? I really, really, want a dose of the body confidence that ya'll have!!

bleh.

I'm not a slave to the scale - I've always weighed a good 20 lbs heavier than other people my height and clothes size. At my fittest, I wore size 8 pants and size 14 shirts (taken in at the waist) to accommodate my 18" shoulders. But I know that I will look and feel better at "less than it is" so the scale is a tool I use. I hope that this time, when I achieve a healthier size, I'll be able to enjoy myself a bit more

Comment

You Rock Batty!
              Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiB View Post
                *applauding everyone who posted pics*

I don't have the courage. I can't stand looking at myself in pictures. Then again, I couldn't when I was skinny, either. How do I stop seeing 'ugly' in the mirror? I really, really, want a dose of the body confidence that ya'll have!!

bleh.

I'm not a slave to the scale - I've always weighed a good 20 lbs heavier than other people my height and clothes size. At my fittest, I wore size 8 pants and size 14 shirts (taken in at the waist) to accommodate my 18" shoulders. But I know that I will look and feel better at "less than it is" so the scale is a tool I use. I hope that this time, when I achieve a healthier size, I'll be able to enjoy myself a bit more
                mikki, i still struggle with body issues every dang day. when i was heavier, it was the fact that i was fat. now that i am leaning out, its the fact that i am a butterface. it takes a lot of positive mental reinforcement, continuously, until it has an effect on the confidence. i certainly bet if you posted a picture here, you'd get all the ego boost that you need

@kev: no, i just like smacking sense into people
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Owly View Post
                  Okay, how much do I love this?!

Batty, I'm bummed that I will have no cheesecake--I will be in India by then and will be unlikely to be cooking up any such thing. Can I raise a lassi in your honour?
                  please do so.

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                  Sounds good to me. Any specific types of Primal cheesecake, or whatever floats your boat?
                  aight, we're doing this, i even put it on my google calendar. so, whoever wants to join in:

PRIMAL CHEESECAKE PIGOUT
                  FRIDAY, OCT 8
                  8:30 PM EST

and we'll all get together on skype and chow down. so, if you dont have skype and want to join in, download it and install. i'm completely blanking o my username over there right now and i'm at work, so i'll post that later.

whatever flavor cheesecake you want to make, big, small, doesn't matter. or if you dont like cheesecake, make a clafouti or something
                  sigpic

Comment

Mikki-
                    Fake it til you make it. That's the only reason I have self confidence. I pretended to have it growing up, because to have no self confidence in that neighborhood meant Bad Stuff happened. You know what happened? That swagger of bravado turned into a true swagger. I was self confident because faking it had ground it into my psyche. I was hot sh** because I thought I was hot sh** because I pretended I was hot sh**. In college and high school and to this day, I keep adding layers of bravado and faux self confidence, letting each one gel into the real thing before adding another layer. After awhile, you aren't faking it because it's embedded itself into your psyche. Do I have my days of feeling like a pile of s*** rather than hot s***? Yeah, everyone does. But that's when you pull the bravado back out and fake it til you make it.
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

Awesome. I'm all kinds of in. I'll have to dl skype, but that cinnamon pumpkin cheesecake WILL be MINE!
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                        Violet,
                        You should be very proud of the success you are. Your pictures clearly show a huge change. I suggest you stop comparing yourself to your sister or anyone else for that matter.

I can't help it sweetheart - she's everything I'm not (and it doesn't help that my mother reminds me of that fact every time we have a argument). I just WISH that once - just once! - I could find the inner courage to scream at her "Because I'm NOT Catriona! I'm ME!! I'm really very, VERY, sorry that I'm such a MASSIVE disappointment to you, but I didn't ask to be born autistic - I didn't ask to be born at all for that matter!"

But there'd be no point, it wouldn't do any good...

She's going to give them a son-in-law, she might even give them grandchildren (though I doubt it, she's never seemed to be that way inclined) - I'm not ever going to be able to give them either.

I'm not a success - I'm the world's biggest failure. I've been on this deity-forsaken rock for nearly 4 decades and what have I achieved - f*ck all! Oh yeah, I've shed a few stone, big whoopie deal!

If anyone ever asked me, would I rather be overweight and successful or slim and a failure - well, you work out what my answer would be!

The truth is I'm not strong, I've just had to fight and fight and fight - and I'm f*cking sick and tired of it! It's got me nowhere, sometimes I wonder why I bother...

This is one reason I think I became interested in Primal - the challenge. Okay, so we're not going out killing our dinner (well maybe SOME of us are...) but it's the challenge of rediscovering our 'inner cave(wo)man' and trying to be more in tune with the world around us, in tune with nature, in tune with the seasons, I like that.

I have one thing I've never managed to do (every year I say I will, but it's not happened yet). I want to be able to camp out on the longest day of the year - kind of a ritualistic thing, ya dig...? In fact I want to do it on the longest day, the shortest day and the 2 equinoxes.

I've always had a bit of a nomadic spirit. If I could, I'd like to live in a Romany caravan, so when I got bored, I could just hitch up the horse and go somewhere else. Or, failing that, a VW Camper (the Mark 1, the one which looks like it has a face) - problem is I have no licence.

Should have called myself 'PrimalHippyChick' shouldn't I...?

Ye gods I sound like a right pretentious bint, don't I...?
                        La tristesse durera toujours...

Comment

Originally posted by batty View Post
                          please do so.

aight, we're doing this, i even put it on my google calendar. so, whoever wants to join in:

PRIMAL CHEESECAKE PIGOUT
                          FRIDAY, OCT 8
                          8:30 PM EST

and we'll all get together on skype and chow down. so, if you dont have skype and want to join in, download it and install. i'm completely blanking o my username over there right now and i'm at work, so i'll post that later.

whatever flavor cheesecake you want to make, big, small, doesn't matter. or if you dont like cheesecake, make a clafouti or something
                          Er, that's all very well, m'dear, but not sure I'd feel much like eating cheesecake at 4:30am! I'd probably be awake though!
                          La tristesse durera toujours...

Comment

I might be able to make the chat Especially if cheesecake is involved.
                            "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Comment

Originally posted by batty View Post
                              mikki, i still struggle with body issues every dang day. when i was heavier, it was the fact that i was fat. now that i am leaning out, its the fact that i am a butterface.
                              No way you are a butterface Batty - now you're just fishing for compliments (spelled correctly in this context by the way ...)

You are far from a butterface. Your smile and attitude are like a lighthouse. And like a lighthouse, strong, unique, and beautiful. Standing alone against the tide of vanilla everyday beliefs. (channeling Hallmark Greetings there for a moment). Hoeing your own row in life. And so on... (now channeling Kurt Vonnegut - he seems your type - Breakfast of Champions anyone?).

OK back to work. Have a nice day BattyFace.
                              Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

Comment

This is an amazing thread. I needed to hear it, too.
                                I feel like I probably weigh a hell of a lot for a woman. I actually don't know how much I weigh (though it has to be less than 155, which is what I was a few months ago), and I am sort of scared to find out, but wearing smaller clothes definitely makes me feel better and knowing that my body composition is changing is all that matters.
                                Man, I was that 100lb size zero chick once... but I wold never, ever want to be her again. A real woman has a shape. I looked like a ruler. I felt like a kid and didn't feel sexy or grown up at all.
                                When I feel comfortable, I will post pictures in my journal of when I was really skinny and some of me now. I look and feel completely different. Thank goodness.

Comment

Working...
                                X