No announcement yet.

for my fellow grokettes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it was Heather who said that she lost 30 lbs on a CW diet and lost 1 pants size but lost 30 lbs on the PB plan and lost 4 pants sizes. I love that.

Well so far I have lost a grand total of 6 lbs but I have gone from tight size 12s to my size 10s being loose and comfy. I found a pair of pants in the back of my closet. Something I ordered online, they sent the wrong size, always meant to send them back but never got to it. So there I found this beautiful pair of black leather pants in a size 8 kicking around in a drawer. So, I have decided to make them my Challenge Pants. At the moment I can get them on but there is still about a four inch gap until they can button up. Still working on it.

Comment

• Bumpity, bump, bump, bump!

Somebody started another thread with a question like, "Can you lose inches without losing weight?"

Comment

• The last five pounds I lost = 2 pants sizes. The previous 35 were only 1 or 2 pants sizes. I just reached some critical level of redistribution that made a HUGE difference. And there have been many, many weight loss pauses along the way where I kept losing inches but no pound loss.

The measurements & clothes are WAY more critical. At 146, I'm wearing the clothes I wore at 135 on the way up. Things are just different. A huge part of it is the enormous amount of gut bloating I had on the way up (b/c of eating grains), but I also just feel more ... compact. Strong. Healthy!
        5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
        Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
        Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
        Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
        ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• This thread is awesome motivation to keep at this... I'm nearing almost 30 days (at 80%) and so far haven't seen the inches (or the scale) move at all. That would be the normal point that I start slacking off with the "what's it matter, it's not working" mentality. I have to stay strong and keep on and believe that things will swing the other way eventually!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elspeth View Post
            This thread is awesome motivation to keep at this... I'm nearing almost 30 days (at 80%) and so far haven't seen the inches (or the scale) move at all. That would be the normal point that I start slacking off with the "what's it matter, it's not working" mentality. I have to stay strong and keep on and believe that things will swing the other way eventually!
            Me too. Just over 30 days. The most progress I've seen is that my body feels less flabby even if the inches/pounds aren't budging much yet. My tummy area used to feel all doughy. Not so much any more, and my thighs and biceps are getting rock hard!

Comment

• great thread! Thanks for the reminder. I'm in this 'biggest loser' contest that regards body weight loss so it's easy to get fixated on the scale (hey there is 500 dollars to be won) but really that is NOT a good measure of progress for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by duckmama View Post
                Me too. Just over 30 days. The most progress I've seen is that my body feels less flabby even if the inches/pounds aren't budging much yet. My tummy area used to feel all doughy. Not so much any more, and my thighs and biceps are getting rock hard!
                Congrats!!!

I haven't even gotten that yet. I'm bloated this week, granted it is TOM. I have noticed that my heartburn/acid reflux is almost gone though. =)

Comment

• It's TOM for me as well. I haven't gotten on the scale since December so I am still under the impression that my weight is still 225. I mostly wear sz 16 clothing and all are loose on me. Today I am wearing a pair of sz 14 Old Navy dress pants and I believe they may be cut larger but when compared to last week, I feel as if I could be swimming in them. They're loose everywhere. Also, I have noticed that I am hooking my bras on the very last hook before the seam of the band and most of the bands on my bras are loose even with having to tighten the hook. Shirts are bigger as well now.

I lost 50 lbs using CW and went from a sz 22/24 to a solid 16. I'm really curious and excited to see where this is going to take me
                  Georgette

Comment

• Batty- loved the post. I one with a lot of weight still to loose. so scale is only a progress tool. I have to smack myself when I want to weigh myself more than once a week. ups and downs during the week are a real motivation killer. My best guide has been clothes sizes the last 6 weeks. In 6 weeks I've dropped 2 sizes and officially down between 16-18 now. I only have a couple sz 18 pants left, so when they are too baggy, then I need to hit the thrift stores.

Focus on how you feel and make other feel!! Enjoy the ride.

jmday
                    Julia
                    Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
                    Started Primal Mid January 2011
                    Current Weight 183
                    Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
                    http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Georgette??? Did you clear out your closet yet??? My big stuff all permanently left last weekend to my girlfriend who works out with me. She is about 1.5 sizes behind me.

Way to go!!
                      jmday
                      Julia
                      Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
                      Started Primal Mid January 2011
                      Current Weight 183
                      Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
                      http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

Comment

• It make me feel better to know people have been doing this for 30+ days and aren't seeing much happen on the weight or measurement side... not that I want anyone else to feel that way, but it is nice to know I'm not alone!!! So many things feel better for me - I sleep great, I'm not tired during the day, no more headaches, my skin feels betters, etc..... but when weight loss is a personal goal for you and something you have struggled with forever, it's hard not to focus on it I keep reminding myself that not everyone here has had dramatic results right away and that we have to be patient!
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                        My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by jmday View Post
                          Georgette??? Did you clear out your closet yet??? My big stuff all permanently left last weekend to my girlfriend who works out with me. She is about 1.5 sizes behind me.

Way to go!!
                          jmday
                          I haven't cleared it out yet jm. I'm waiting a few more weeks on that. I hold onto stuff until they start to fall off on me. I don't wear belts so this will be interesting. I also wore a sz 16 skirt with a side zipper yesterday that I bought earlier last year and was never able to wear. I was finally able to wear it yesterday.
                          Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by tanyahk View Post
                            It make me feel better to know people have been doing this for 30+ days and aren't seeing much happen on the weight or measurement side... not that I want anyone else to feel that way, but it is nice to know I'm not alone!!! So many things feel better for me - I sleep great, I'm not tired during the day, no more headaches, my skin feels betters, etc..... but when weight loss is a personal goal for you and something you have struggled with forever, it's hard not to focus on it I keep reminding myself that not everyone here has had dramatic results right away and that we have to be patient!
                            Agreed!

Comment

• Yes, I agree cleaning out the closet is really important. All my 16s and 14s have gone to the local women's shelter and I'm about to take the 12s. That way, if I ever should backslide, I would have to go out and buy new stuff.

Comment

• try to save one piece of clothing if you can. i still have a pair of my size 16 pants that i take out when i'm feeling down on myself to remind me where i came from.
                                sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

Working...
                                X