No announcement yet.

for my fellow grokettes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My goal weight is still in the "overweight" range for my height/frame. That's based primarily on the assessment of a doctor I used to work with (unfortunately I moved out of the town where she practices) who evaluated my body fat composition and came up with that goal weight as one that would work well for my body type/lean muscle mass.

So while I do have weight loss goals, I mostly have body goals. When I can answer "yes" to all these questions, goal weight becomes irrelevant. However, right now, being above my goal weight is partly mpacting my ability to answer yes.

Does my body allow me to do all the things I want to do?
    Is my body as strong as I want it to be?
    Is my body as healthy as I want it to be? (General feeling, but also objective measures like BP, cholesterol, etc).
    Can I shop exclusively in regular size stores? (Depending on what I'm buying, I am currently on the borderline between plus and regular sizes. I have a big enough frame that I'll probably never be a size 6, but I wouldn't mind being a solid 10 or 12)
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

Comment

• Thankyou so much for this thread, both to Batty and everyone who has posted. It's been a real wakeup call as I've been backsliding into looking at the scales every morning and trying to get back to the 140 lbs I weighed when I was a club runner and skinny fat (height 5'8"). I weigh about 10 lbs more than that now after a few months of PB and building muscle, but I can do so much more!

My aims for this year:
      Burn the bodyfat
      Do a proper pullup

That is all, bollocks to the scales.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dender View Post
        My aims for this year:
        Burn the bodyfat
        Do a proper pullup
        We've got a Pull up Challenge list going on the Odds and Ends section. Care to join anyone?

Robin

Comment

• Needs a bump for February.
          Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

• I want MUSCLE. I don't care how much I weight, I want to be able to run for a block or two without feeling like I'm going to die, I want to feel comfortable going hiking and start backpacking.

Getting rid of the jiggly that's in the wrong place would be nice.

Being able to get back into Parkour would be nice too...
            Last edited by Twibble; 02-02-2011, 01:06 PM.
            Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• THANK YOU FOR THIS!! Exactly what I needed to "hear" today.

Comment

• Every so often I come back to this thread too Go Batty!
                "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Comment

• And of course there is the whole thing where women seem to think it's weird if women have muscles. What is UP with that? I like STRONG women. They just look so pretty. Twiggy people with a limp, soft, callus free hand kinda creep me out frankly. I think both men and women look their best when they are lean and well muscled. And I don't mean OVERmuscled either. Muscle bulk is not all it's cracked up to be. But I think I notice it more in women simply because men are 'supposed' to look that way. Now If I see a skinny girl in a bikini I want to see some serious ab definition and some shoulder and calf muscles to go with it. Just sayin'!

So here is to all the girls who aren't afraid to pick up things that weigh more than 10 pounds. Here is to all the girls who even go so far as to pick up things that weigh more than they do! You go girl. Here is to all the girls who want to do (and will do!) a pull up this year. All you primal chicks rock!

Comment

• Originally posted by Noctiluca View Post
                    So here is to all the girls who aren't afraid to pick up things that weigh more than 10 pounds. Here is to all the girls who even go so far as to pick up things that weigh more than they do! You go girl. Here is to all the girls who want to do (and will do!) a pull up this year. All you primal chicks rock!
                    This made me laugh~I was at TJ Maxx the other day, and they have pink kettlebells on sale...they're 3lbs My 7 year old daughter picked one up and said, "Are these for babies?" LOL

Finally stopping in here after being a fly on the wall for a while. Love this journal, Batty~from one Ohio girl to another
                    Results Pics:
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d6138-245.html

Mandolin's Primammalian Cave Wall

Vegetarian=an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter"

iHerb.com $5 off first order code: AMA998

Comment

• Originally posted by Mandolin View Post
                      Love this journal, Batty~from one Ohio girl to another
                      D'oh! Just now realizing this was not posted in her journal

Oh, wellz, I still <3 this thread
                      Results Pics:
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d6138-245.html

Mandolin's Primammalian Cave Wall

Vegetarian=an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter"

iHerb.com $5 off first order code: AMA998

Comment

This made me laugh~I was at TJ Maxx the other day, and they have pink kettlebells on sale...they're 3lbs My 7 year old daughter picked one up and said, "Are these for babies?" LOL

Finally stopping in here after being a fly on the wall for a while. Love this journal, Batty~from one Ohio girl to another
                        My trainer likes to say that weights under 10 lbs are only useful for rehabbing wrist injuries. Which is why he doesn't have them in his studio for actual strength training.
                        "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

Comment

LOL! I hate the color pink!

Ohio chicks rule!!! Just saying!
                          Georgette

Comment

• Yes, Ohio girls are the best!

Comment

THREE???? my kettlebell instructor gets mad when I use the 12 lb one! (I'm only on my third week of classes)

Comment

• I could just hug you right now, you're the best!
                                "It is not what you are that holds you back, it is what you think you're not."
                                Denis Waitley

Comment

Working...
                                X