Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello?!!!

Thanks, Batty. I needed that!

Clothes fitting looser? Check. Stronger? Check. Feeling better? Check. Good enough? Check.

Comment

• Originally posted by slacker View Post
      Hello?!!!

Thanks, Batty. I needed that!

Clothes fitting looser? Check. Stronger? Check. Feeling better? Check. Good enough? Check.
      sounds like you need to change your user name! :-))

Comment

• Batty, I heart you. Seriously.
        With Mark's help, I've conquered depression, acne, rosacea, scale obsession, migraines, and lethargy. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

http://www.theladygrok.blogspot.com/

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread8215.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
          One Month into Primal and the blasted scale has "only" moved by 4 lbs.

One the other hand, it used to be a GOOD day when I could even get these jeans to button.

Which really matters?
          Awesome example, Paleobird. Looking forward to the day I can post a pic like that.

Also, I have that bumpersticker on my car (Wag more, bark less)!

Love. This. Thread.
          "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
          "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
          If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's new primal journal

Comment

• batty, I must say, you looked fabulous at size 14, and as well at size 6.

I wish I'd had you around last year when I quit exercising cause I GAINED weight doing it- felt so let down.

Now, I have no scale, and I have a too tight dress I'd like to look good in. I'll post before photos soon.

Robin's Roost
            My Primal Journal

Comment

• yeah, so, i just put on a pair of yoga pants that i bought years ago, i just haven't worn them because, well, i have a ton of yoga pants, and they are HUGE. and, let me be honest, they were purchased at a time where i was about the same weight as i am now (i presume, since i have no clue what i weigh as i do not have a scale).

it's funny, because, i loved the way they fit before, and now they look. . .well, HUGE.

and that's, like, not doing primal seriously even. just cutting grains (except a few over christmas holiday), adding meat (was vegetarian), and eating the veggies. a bit of dairy now and again. a bit of chocolate now and again. and about 1-2 pieces of fruit each day. crazy stuff.

Comment

• Love the post, girl! It's so true. My personal goal is to be fit and healthy. The only measurement I care about is my body fat percentage. My weight hasn't changed much since starting this, but my body composition sure has. And so has my workout performance!
                I am Cavewoman, hear me GRUNT!
                http://horndivaxtal.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Promise to Myself: I may never be "cute" or a "hottie" by the anorexic societal definitions, but I WILL be able to do a pull up. Not this week but soon.

Comment

• I love how the posts around here seem to read my mind.....

I recently had a doctor tell me that I needed to lose 60lbs. She did this without actually looking at me and based her determination that I was severly overweight only on what the scale said compared to what her chart said. And nothing I could say to her would change her mind. It was extremely frustrating, especially when she decided to hold my perscription hostage until I met the goal she set for me ("Since you have so much to lose, 5lbs shouldn't be that hard to start with, right?").

Now I'm not arguing that I don't need to lose a little weight (fat more specifically) but not 60 lbs. And if those 5 lbs were so easy, I would have already done it, to be honest.

Just to put this in perspective, I'm 5'7" and weight (gasp) 214-ish lbs. I'm also a size 12. I am the same size 12 that I was 15 lbs ago and I weigh a full 40 lbs more than I did 10 years ago when I was in the Army and a size 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by melarmy View Post
                      Just to put this in perspective, I'm 5'7" and weight (gasp) 214-ish lbs. I'm also a size 12. I am the same size 12 that I was 15 lbs ago and I weigh a full 40 lbs more than I did 10 years ago when I was in the Army and a size 12.
                      So true - you can't just look at someone's weight and give them a cookie-cutter answer. I went to the doctor a few days ago and she told me my problem couldn't be attributed to being underweight because my bmi was normal. I'm not underweight, but I'm light enough that losing a few (like 3-5) lbs would put me in that bracket. I just thought it was dumb because I always weigh significantly more at the doctor's office than I do at home, seeing as I've always eaten, drunk and dressed myself beforehand, so she didn't even know what my 'real' weight was.

Comment

• My doc did the opposite. She looked at me and said " you probably need to lose about 15kgs" If she had weighed me and checked the BMI, she would have told me to lose 30kgs to get into the 'normal' range. As it was by going by what she could see, she made the correct call. I'd be ecstatic to lose 15kgs and I think I would look great then. However, would still be 'overweight' by BMI standards.

Did I mention how much I hate the BMI?!!
                        My Journal

Comment

• Glad to see this thread bumped. I lost four pounds my first primal week and then....nothing. Wait for it, wait for it....a pound. Etc. What I realized after a month or two was that my metabolic derangement, as I like to think of it, was righting itself. I don't have diabetes, but was highly carb dependent or I'd get hypoglycemic. Go for three hours without food? Hell no! I never understood those people who could sit in front of a candy dish or a tray of brownies and completely ignore them, saying stuff like, "I"m just not hungry right now."

Now, I'm one of those people. I have triceps that show. I forget to eat sometimes. Then I eat huge quantities of short ribs for dinner. Yum. I ditched the scale until this morning, when I got out of the shower and just knew I'd lost a bunch of weight. OVER THE HOLIDAYS!! Because I was eating roasts and dark meat turkey with the skin and all that delicious stuff. My weight loss averages out to a respectable amount per week, but I'm not sure when it happened, all I know is that it happened while I was eating amazing food and playing and feeling fantastic.

I'm putting the scale away for another few months, and when my linnea alba shows, I'll hop on again to confirm what I already know; primal rocks!

Comment

• Bump!

Just bumping this because Batty's pictures are so stunning. What a great lesson. Thanks, Batty!

Comment

• I think we need a change in terminology. How about if we banish the word "weight" from the vocabulary? Instead of saying, "I'm overWEIGHT", one could say, "I'm overFAT". We should be talking about gaining muscle and losing fat. Not just about losing WEIGHT.

This change in terminology would sap the All Holy Alter Upon Which We Pray Each Morning For a Good Result (the scale) of some of it's hold on us.

Comment

• Finally catching up on all the posts in this thread. Batty - can you advise how long to bake your luscious-sounding primal cheesecake, and at what temp?

(I've never had much luck making baked cheesecakes - o cruel universe, they are my favourite - so could use allllllll the help I can get.)
                                I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                                X