Sex & the Single (PB) Girl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex & the Single (PB) Girl

So Ive noticed there's a hot new guy wandering around my gym lately. So he's within acceptable age paramters, he's smart & educated, he's got a good sense of humor etc. OK, I have to admit there's been some flirting. Then yesterday we're talking about career goals & he mentions his crazy career dream is to open an animal sanctuary of some kind on day. Like a retirement/rehab home. He goes into telling me that he'd love to do that because it would be so satisfying and we're destroying the planet more swiftly than ever and the oil rig explosions and this and that...I can't argue with that, I certainly agree. And then, "and so many people eating meat, the industry produces more green house gases than all the cars in the world..."

hold up...being the slick-chick that I am I blurt out, "You're a vegan aren't you!"

"Yes"

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! And that's how it goes! They always are married (or vegan), just as unavailable!

And just like that the relationship ended before it began. hahahaha oh man. Can you imagine? Soy milk breath is such a turn off! Now, I was vegeterian for 6 years, vegan for 1, raw food vegan for about 6 months. So i've been there. But I was the fattest & most depressed of my entire life during those years. Coincidence or causation I can't say with certainty, but itd be silly to say they were entirely UNrelated.

And he admitted he was feeling just run down and tired lately, you have NO idea how badly I wanted to tell him to eat some happy salmon sashimi! with a side of ethically raised bacon of course!!

Just had to share. I knew you folks could appreciate my pain!

Oh the irony.

We totally get it.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

you have NO idea how badly I wanted to tell him to eat some happy salmon sashimi! with a side of ethically raised bacon of course!!
      Might as well tell him - either the potential relationship stays killed, or he becomes a happy convert and stays potential!
      5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
      Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
      Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
      Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
      ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Real Men are a dying breed.
        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Sounds like you're having the kind of dating luck that I am lately. I haven't found anyone lately that would come close to being able to handle a primal eccentric bastard of a daemon.
          http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

even something as silly as a body building diet...or just a regular CW eater I can handle! but VEGAN oh man...that's a religion. lol, he needs me more than he knows! lol

Comment

Maybe you're just what he needs right now.

Some good conversation, talking about alternate points of view... being that you've been there, you might be able to get it across...

Or not.

It's hard to say because you definitely can't force people to change, but sometimes someone comes into your life when you really need it and change happens... I've definitely been there, done that!
              sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

Originally posted by LittleNappingLion View Post
                even something as silly as a body building diet...or just a regular CW eater I can handle! but VEGAN oh man...that's a religion. lol, he needs me more than he knows! lol
                I sure have to agree with that! lol
                Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
                Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
                Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                  Real Men are a dying breed.
                  Ain't that the truth!

Comment

I think it would be funny to date a vegan. Maybe not for her.... but I would be ammused. I got thick skin.
                    sigpic

Comment

i bet there was a big ole record scratch sound after that yes. ugh, icky
                      sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

hard to say because you definitely can't force people to change, but sometimes someone comes into your life when you really need it and change happens... I've definitely been there, done that!
                        minxxa, what do you mean? what happened?

Comment

Little Lion - you need to give him a copy of Mark's book and make a lunch date for 1 week to talk about the book (and flirt some more ...)
                          Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

Comment

These kind of differences shouldn't really affect a relationship. Lots of people are married to or are in relationships with people who have very different beliefs to their own. Next time he brings up the vegan stuff why not just be honest and tell him what you believe? Maybe if you're compatible in other ways it won't matter so much.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleNappingLion View Post
                              So's Primal for a lot of folks on this board.
                              Vibrams London

Comment

Working...
                              X