Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ugh. Is it worth trying to stay within the bounds?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh. Is it worth trying to stay within the bounds?

So, this morning two doughnuts were placed before me that were specially purchased as a "special surprise" for me I ate the glazed one and half of the cream cheese filled one. So now, after breakfast my carbs are up to about 54 grams.

Is it worth trying to stay under 100 with the remainder of my veggies for the day? Or am I just going to make myself miserable and hungry? What do you all do when you make a nasty indiscretion so early in the day?

I just eat as I normally would.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Originally posted by kennelmom View Post
      I just eat as I normally would.
      +1
      tho... doughnuts turn my stomach into an angry pit of regret and I dont imagine I would want veggies after.
      sigpic

Comment

i get on with my day, i don't let it bother me too much
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

there's also no rule that you have to stay under 100 g of carbs/day.
          Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Yup, chalk it up as an 'indulgence' and carry on.
            Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

Don't let it ruin your day!! Someone thought enough of you to give you a "special" treat. I have no idea if this is a wife or child (which is what comes to my mind since I am married), but the last thing I would do with either is not graciously accept (especially if my child brought me this).

If it won't bother to restrict your carbs a little the rest of the day and will make you feel better about the day - go for it!! Otherwise, eat as you normally would.

Comment

I usually remember the fact that I used to eat nothing but junk food all day, every day. There was seriously nothing that was truly healthy about my diet, yet I didn't worry. This tends to be the case for the majority of us who ate nothing but grains and sugar. The fact that you're fretting over two donuts shows just how far ahead you are. They mean absolutely nothing in the big picture, they're largely irrelevant. The only time junk becomes an issue is if you start to indulge on a regular basis. Apart from that, don't sweat it and move on. Worrying is doing worse for you than two donuts, I'm sure.

Comment

You still have almost 50g to be at for the day to stay under 100 . . im usually under 50 in a day so i'd say it shouldn't be hard.
                  Starting Weight : 338lbs 6/11/2010
                  Current Weight: 266lbs
                  High-school Weight: 235lbs
                  Goal: ????

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement guys! I tend to be like this in all areas of life (I tend to not do well with moderation, I go 100% at everything) so it's nice to have a reminder than in the long run...two doughnuts today won't keep me from fitting into my goal jeans in a few months

Comment

I'd bang out a few sets of pushups or sneak out for a quick walk. Couldn't hurt to burn up a bit of that carb blast.

Comment

Just remember- it's not all or nothing. That's one of our mind's tricks to sabotage us! I always reframe it and let myself appreciate the indulgence (unless it truly leaves me feeling crappy!)
                        http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

Yep, it's not ALL that much carbs given that it's a one-off - why follow it up with more junk? "Keep calm, and carry on...."

And it's so worth it. It feels great to have a nice waistline!
                          If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder

Comment

I have no advice to offer I'm sorry. after 6 months trying to live the primal lifestyle (well, diet part at least) I still have good days and bad days. But I do like Bane's idea above!!

Comment

I refuse to count carbs, or calories, or track my weight. I don't advocate that anybody else do so either.

Comment

Working...
                              X