Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a reward in mind for your success?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a reward in mind for your success?

Whether it be after this challenge or when you reach certain goals like weight or strength or whatever else you are particularly focussed on with PB?

I need a goal for when I reach the 20 pound loss. Its not imminent, so I'm just curious to see what rewards other people are looking forward to and are motivated by.

My reward will be a suspension in December. The reward is for finally, after close to ten years down a health-conscious path, I have finally figured out a lifestyle that is allowing my body to develop to it's full potential.
    - If it was cute and cuddly at some point, eat it. Ignore everything else. -

- Food is first, and foremost, nothing more than fuel. -

- The body is animal. The mind, however, is not. -

Comment

Once I achieve my ideal physique, I imagine that my reward will be unlimited sex from hot girls I meet throughout the course of my day.
      You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

My reward is the results I get from PB. I don't need any other motivation to keep doing this for the rest of my life.
        Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
          Once I achieve my ideal physique, I imagine that my reward will be unlimited sex from hot girls I meet throughout the course of my day.
          LMAO best reward EVER!

I'm rewarding myself with boobs!
          The more I see the less I know for sure.
          -John Lennon

Comment

New clothes! Not much point buying now, when I'm still shrinking.

And the very idea that going clothes shopping could be a reward, not a particularly refined form of torture... wow...

Comment

Better health and being free from all my Rx meds.
              312/149/150

Comment

To be trite, "Success is its own reward."

More specifically, frankly just being able to run around with my toddler(s) more easily will be fabulous. Beyond that, new clothes I guess.

Oh and Grumpy Caveman, good answer! But won't you have to change your user name? It'd be tough to keep your grump on, what with all that sex...

Come to think of it this will probably improve my sex life, too. (not that I have complaints, but hey!)
                "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

A Utilikilt! And I already have the legs for it.

http://www.utilikilts.com
                  Randal
                  AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                  Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                  http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

I hope that one reward that will just come kind of automatically will be getting off of my blood pressure meds.

Other than that, cleaning out the closet and getting new clothes, maybe a new tattoo, too.

Comment

If I'm trying to be particularly strict on a weak point for X time, and manage to do it, I'll make up some form of reward. Reward is usually a certain book I've been putting off buying myself; however, for this challenge, if I'm able to do it, I DON'T have to eat a huge bowl of my most detested foods. My reward is not having to eat papaya, cantaloupe, kidney, and prune stew.
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                        This is my favorite!

My reward? Being able to do a pull up will be pretty sweet...

ETA: I think I have goals rather than rewards. Like, I'd love to be able to do some sort of parkour stuff, even if thats many years from now. The reward for me, really, is feeling and looking better every day that I continue on my primal path...
                        Last edited by FairyRae; 09-12-2010, 11:04 AM.
                        My Before/After Pics
                        Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

At the start of the year--long before I heard about this whole primal thing--I vowed to get myself back in shape after a 2 year period of steadily gaining weight and losing health. I told myself that when I reached my goal, I'd buy myself a pair of ridiculously expensive workout pants that I'd been lusting after for a while.

The funny thing is, having reached and surpassed the goal, I realize I don't want the pants, or any other reward either. There's something about a reward that makes it feel like I'm in a temporary state, and in order to get a reward again, I would need to be unhealthy for a while again. This primal thing has resonated so well with me that I honestly can't fathom going back to old eating habits. Still, the reward was a useful carrot when I still had sugar cravings and helped me on days when I felt my resolve weakening.
                          Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
                          Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

I go for clothes..Before I start my diet, I buy clothes that are 2 size smaller than my actual one. I use it as an inspiration for me not to stop until the time those clothes actually fit

Comment

Well, I had set myself a goal, it was 170 pounds, and when I got to 170 I was going to have a BAS, not salad, but sundae. 170 came and went, and I never did get that sundae.

I am like the others that the reward didn't matter after a while. I did recently buy myself a bunch of stuff for the kitchen, which I thought of as a reward, and maybe it is, a reward for actually using my kitchen and the other gadgets that went for so long unused.

I will be getting new clothes, but that isn't a reward, it is a necessity...lol
                              Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

Working...
                              X