X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vegan admits he was wrong!

http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/respons...-diet-advocate

pretty cool.

I sense a deception. By definition, vegans don't admit that they are wrong. He wasn't really a vegan! Sham!

Kidding, but it is kind of rare that anything persuades these people. If their entire identify is contingent upon meat being horrible and all meat eaters being terrible terrible people then they're simply not going to be reasonable.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

FORMER vegan! They freely admit they were wrong!

Comment

My husband read The Vegetarian Myth, put the book down and said, "I can't be a vegetarian anymore." They can change. I was a vegetarian for years, and then slowly but surely realized what was happening to my body and that my diet was killing me.
        Down almost 40 lbs. 70 to go.

Comment

Yeah I was joking. More or less. Perhaps it is the ones who go easy on the bananas that are more reasonable; less bananas so to speak.

Oh man that's going to be a joke for a good long while
          Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

It seems like he is declaring to be wrong more specifically about the climate impact of being vegan rather than the health impact of it.
            The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease. - Thomas Edison

Vancouver Island Primal and Paleo Living <<< join our Facebook Group

Comment

Well it's good to see that he can admit to being wrong - I really think that so many people will adopt a stance and then defend it to the bitter end even when they begin to realise that it is wrong (like eating primal but keeping fat low?!)

Comment

Of course vegans are wrong.......... It's just an excuse to be foolish when your young. lol
                Whether you think you can..... or you think you can't..... your 100 % correct.

Comment

As an ex-vegan who browsed this forum for ages while deciding whether to make the switch, I find a little of this thread...off.

Let's just say I'm glad I didn't read it beforehand. Still I guess I'm the only ex-vegan crazy enough to consider the possibility of thinking about eating meat again.

Ironic, given the amount of people putting forward no moderation due to freedom of expression and ideas.

Comment

I have a lot in common with many vegans. I also care about how animals are treated and how we live within our environment. I differ from them on what I believe is the best approach, but I respect vegans far more than I do people who live without regard for where their food comes from, how it is produced, and how our food systems affect our planet.

I don't understand why we cannot respectfully disagree with vegans instead of being nasty. Yes, some of them are pretty rude to meat eaters, but do we really need to behave the same way in return? You don't persuade people by treating them with contempt.
                    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

I totally agree with Owly. I have much respect for people who care about animals and who put animals' wellbeing before their health. I'm a former vegan myself, and while I admit that my nutritional approach was wrong (so wrong), I still feel very guilty about how animals are treated in the meat and dairy industry. I'm from Northern Ireland and most of our cows and sheep are grass fed and not factory farmed. I do worry about how they're treated at slaughter though. How can we be sure slaughter house workers stick to the strict regulations in place? I think it's naive to think that no cruelty occurs. And animals can sense fear and death, they know what's going to happen to them once they reach the slaughter house gates- they must be terrified. I love animals and any form of animal cruelty deeply upsets me. I have an ongoing struggle with myself though- low carb is the only eating plan that allows me to control my diabetes and stop deadly complications. I want to live and be well and I can't do that while eating grains. But I feel guilty and worry about cruelty.

Comment

Originally posted by chronyx View Post
                        As an ex-vegan who browsed this forum for ages while deciding whether to make the switch, I find a little of this thread...off.

Let's just say I'm glad I didn't read it beforehand. Still I guess I'm the only ex-vegan crazy enough to consider the possibility of thinking about eating meat again.

Ironic, given the amount of people putting forward no moderation due to freedom of expression and ideas.
                        Yeah, my first thought was, huh, and here I've been recommending this forum to anyone considering moving from veg*n to meat, because we have so very many former veg*ns and such good threads about it here.

Comment

I don't know how anyone who's ever spent time in a public school classroom or a Wal-Mart can claim that animal welfare is "the world's most urgent social justice issue." We can't hope for better treatment of animals when we can't even manage to treat our own children well.
                          “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

Originally posted by chronyx View Post
                            Likewise.

I was vegan. I was not a political/social/moral/environmental/animal rights wacko. I was simply a health-and-fitness-minded intellectual who hadn't yet come across better information despite all my reading.

Vegan is not equal to stupid.
                            Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

Working...
                            X