Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver area Primals...cookout?

Hey all!
    Anyone in the Denver area interested in getting together for a cookout, and a try at the whole cow?
    I would vote next weekend or the 2nd of October (though that's cutting it close).
    If someone has a pool, there's pool activities (racing, diving, marco polo). If we want to meet in Golden or Morrison, we could go hiking. In fact, I think exploring dino footprints is a great "grok" activity.

Each person could bring one dish...thoughts?
    Melodious

I live outside of Denver, but would gladly, jubilantly come down to join in the festivities!
    The only bummer is I just commited to covering in the restaurant every fri & sat eve until mid Oct (I have this sat off cuz I have tickets to Girlyman @ the Soiled Dove )
    Sundays work best for me at this time.
    I still have a large pkg of lamb steaks in the freezer or a bison heart (Anticuchos baby!!)
    I love the dinosaur footprint idea! very grokky

Comment

I have a fantastic nut and cherry desert I can make...
      Sunday afternoons work for me... anyone for the 19th?
      And, if only you and I want to go, we can each scare up a few friends for a fun food event, right?

Comment

19th works for me!!
        Hey Meadow! where are you???

Comment

Anyone else interested?

Comment

I would be interested. Let me know where you all want to meet and hopefully we get nice weather!

Comment

mhoward - you don't have private messaging, but I'm going to try to organize this over e-mail. I've sent PMs to a bunch of Colorado residents. I don't want to put my personal e-mail on this forum, but if you can PM me with your info, we can get in touch outside of MDA.

Comment

If you are talking about October 19, count me in. I go hiking around red rocks once a week, so I am up for it.

Comment

unfortunately the 19th doesn't work for me - wedding out of town. i will have to catch you all next time!

Comment

Sadly, I missed this(new to the forum). However, if you do something like this again in the future, I'd love to meet Groks!

Comment

We're all so spread out here in Colorado, it's hard to get everybody together! Plus I'm really limited to what I can do 'cause my 2yr old's gotta be with his Mamma!

Here's our get together: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/grokf...nver-colorado/
                      "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

"Excuses are like asses, some are just bigger than others" Kathryn Martyn Smith

Comment

Oh buggers...totally missed this post! I was dealing with a family issue when this was posted so was MIA from the forum for a bit (but I think I was still out of town when you guys ended up meeting). I saw the post on the site, it looked like a blast!

If you gather again please let me know, would love to join!! Any bronco fans in the group? Maybe a sunday football gathering in the future??
                        Erin
                        Daily Vlogs
                        Primal Pets Blog

Comment

Working...
                        X