No announcement yet.

sooo angry!! Coco Pops...GGRRR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been known to argue with the latest commercial advocating MARGARINE as a health food.
    They've even got the actor in a white lab coat to give the impression he is a doctor and there is some medical reasoning behind the message.
    Madness!!

*sigh*

Comment

I found out this morning on a commercial that Frosted Mini Wheats are a GREAT source of fiber I also love that Capri Sun is now "100% juice!" LOL
      Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
      Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
      Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

Comment

One more - the horrendous Hidden Valley Ranch commercial that blatantly says vegetables aren't "delectable" without gobs of ranch dressing.

Screw "moderation"!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lodini View Post
          One more - the horrendous Hidden Valley Ranch commercial that blatantly says vegetables aren't "delectable" without gobs of ranch dressing.
          And didn't you know the oils in ranch salad dressing help your body absorb vitamins from salad?
          Attached Files

Comment

Seriously Marisa? OMG

Screw "moderation"!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lodini View Post
              I found out this morning on a commercial that Frosted Mini Wheats are a GREAT source of fiber I also love that Capri Sun is now "100% juice!" LOL
              Oh man, I used to LOVE frosted mini wheats. I ate them every morning. I remember walking into the supermarket and they had them massively on sale so i bought like 14 of them. They do taste good, and I won't lie: sometimes I dream of them. Meh, I make do with bacon and eggs! :P

Comment

Originally posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
                Yep.. although sadly this probably wouldn't deter most people from buying it. 'It's only 1% fat, it's good for me'.
                DON'T get me started, just DON'T!!! The ad that REALLY has me screaming at the telly is the Special K 'diet' one (y'know, 2 bowls of Special K, or a Special K bar, and a 'sensible' tea and just watch the pounds melt away!)

Number 2: - The press ads for that Nestle campaign (Do It For Free or whatever it's called). Can't they see the irony in encouraging kids to eat lots and lots and lots of sugary cereals (but LOOK it's made from WHOLEGRAINS, therefore it's Super Healthy! ARGH!!!!) to gain points tokens to 'spend' on outdoor and sporting activities...?!

By the way - you do know that Kellogg's, Nestle, Mars and Cadbury's (and I think MaccyD's are too) are the main sponsors of the govt's so called Change 4 Life initiative, don't you...?

Read Zoe Harcombe's blog on the subject http://http://www.zoeharcombe.com/blog/page/2/ (about 2/3 the way down). She REALLY gets stuck into Kellogg's re their 'Why not try Coco Pops as a healthy, nutritious, after-school snack...?" campaign! ARGH!!
                La tristesse durera toujours...

Comment

When we visited my MIL recently, she bought cereal and other garbage we don't normally have in our house. We told her we don't eat grain, but she bought it anyway. Why? Because it is the healthier of the 'junk' cereal because it has fiber in it. Ugh, I was highly annoyed. I think she bought Golden Grahams or something.
                  Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

maccy-d's are sponsoring the 2012 Olympic Games! Oh the hypocrasy!
                    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
                    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Comment

Working...
                    X