Daniel Quinn...anyone read his books?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Quinn...anyone read his books?

It's funny, I started following the Primal Blueprint plan, and then found a novel by Daniel Quinn, _The Story of B_ in a used book store. It's kind of a manifesto of sorts...very critical of the role agriculture has played in human history. I found it very interesting. Has anyone else read it or other books by him? If so, what do you think of the message and Quinn's philosophy?

I have read Ishmael, My Ishmael and The Story of B. Very interesting. I think some of his thoughts are flawed, but I like the general idea of the message.
    Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

Comment

Love that book

Takers and Leavers....speaks to the spritual side of the PB

Comment

Read Ishmael years ago. Almost a preachy as Johnathan Livingston Seagull.

Comment

I greatly enjoyed Ishmael, although I read it years ago. The general theme struck a chord with me. As a species we are in a self destructive process Around that same time was when I was reading everything I could find on primitive living. I think I have collected the complete Tom Brown Jr. collection over the years.

Despite the controversy over the legitimacy of his persona, those books are packet with useful techniques and philosophical nuggets.

I love the story about his first hunt.

“If this is what learning survival skills requires, I don’t want anything to do with it. This is cruel and senseless.” Grandfather replied simply, “The moment you feel the same about plucking a blade of grass as you do about killing this deer, you will truly be one with all things.”

I got a little off topic there.

Comment

Anybody here like donuts?
            Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Originally posted by Fideo View Post
              I think I have collected the complete Tom Brown Jr. collection over the years.
              To keep it OT, I was wondering if there were any more Tracker types around here. I've spent a little bit of time in the Pine Barrens myself.

Comment

Working...
              X