Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats your favorite farmers market treat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats your favorite farmers market treat?

it's summertime and my family loves going to the market. i enjoy the raw cheese selection while my husband just adores the grass fed ice cream. my girls had some juicy peaches today and i had to pry their little hand off of 'em LOL;-)

so i'm just wondering what you guys enjoy getting @ your local farmers market.
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Peaches! We love them cut up and covered with full-fat oraginc heavy whipping cream.
    I also like yellow tomatoes and cucumbers.

Comment

Cambodian food, wine tasting, Chinese sesame balls, Cuban sandwiches, fresh-squeezed orange juice, samosas... oh, you mean a primal treat?? =P

I bought a duck from the farmer's market and cooked it last week, that was a fun treat. It's a treat just to look at this booth every week: http://www.earlymorningfarm.com/emf_ifm.html It always looks AT LEAST that pretty. I wonder how much work they put into just setting it up.
      "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

mayness: that is beautiful. absolutely beautiful. tear. LOL!
        Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Comment

Squash blossoms!!! Stuffed with goat cheese, breaded in a thin batter made from chestnut flour, water and egg - then rolled in almond meal and deep fried. Comfort-food goodness! (fortunately squash blossoms are not available for long )

Comment

Fiddleheads in the spring and cousa squash right now. Buttered cousa squash has the aroma and taste of corn (which I used to like but now don't eat) with the same nutritional profile as zucchini.

What I really enjoy about the farmer's market is the aroma of all the fresh produce. Never have I noticed any aromas wafting from the produce in grocery stores. Not ever. The farmer's market is a wonderful treat for the eyes and the nose.
            312/149/150

Comment

yeah, i like the energy of the market. everyone is happy and polite unlike the grocery stores:-( thank god i don't have to go there anymore!

Comment

Well it's winter here so I gotta go with the guy that sells locally grown chestnuts and sells them in scrunched up brown paper, hot off the coals - awesome. (not terribly primal very carby but I don't care!)

Comment

sounds really nice. never had chestnuts. i'm almost looking forward to the cooler weather so we can indulge in some stews and soups;-) kind of miss wearing sweaters and jeans too LOL

Comment

Peaches!
                    Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
                    Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
                    Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
                    Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

I so am loving this ukranian stall with beautiful keilbasa, no weird ing! Next week I'm trying the beef bacon, the sign intrigued me so much! BEEF BACON!?!
                      The more I see the less I know for sure.
                      -John Lennon

Comment

Fresh Figs! I hardly ever see them around here, but I always snag a few when I do. One day I will have a fig tree of my own, heh.

Comment

wow, beef bacon. let us know how it turns out;-)

Comment

Sometimes when I go to the Ithaca farmers market I treat myself with a macaroon. I haven't in a long time. They're so yummy, and home-made.

Comment

Used to be honey sticks from a apiary called Little Flying Cows, but then I moved.

Comment

Working...
                              X