Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: How Long Have You Been Primal For?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On and off for 3-4 months, but fully primal since Aug 1. So a newbie

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Toad View Post
      And, you have one of my favorite usernames - I am surprised no one else took it before you!
      Thanks, I was surprised too!

Comment

First went all real foods and grain free three years ago, but battled grain/sugar cravings for a LONG time. Really got successful at it in March.
        5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
        Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
        Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
        Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
        ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

I started a week before Easter, so I guess thats ~ 4 months, but I still cheat because I'm lazy.
          A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Thanks for your responses! Keep them coming!

I have been primal since April 5, 2010. I did a 3 week experiment that started on that date. I was in "love" from day 1 and will never look back. I have more fun every week.
            Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Almost six months, not super compliant. One month was foreign travel which made it rough. Ready for the next 6 months though! And converting the parents is going really well.
              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Have been into it since April of 09

Comment

Mostly Primal Since Mid- January. Call it *ticks off on fingers* nearly 7 months. My compliance ranges from 70%- 100%, usually closer to 85%. I've only lost 12 lb, but on a 5'0.5" small frame, that's a lot. Managed to get down from nudging a size 6 down to "I'd be a 0, but I'm getting tired of outshrinking my clothes every month or so."
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

Nearly 4 months for me. Minimal weight loss so far, but have lost inches and I don't fall asleep after eating grains anymore and I don't have a b-l-o-a-t-e-d mid section either - so far so good, can only get better!

Comment

Just a little over a year, for me.

Comment

About 2 months, though haven't ever really followed the SAD. Still tweaking and figuring out what works for me. Haven't really lost weight -- maybe a couple pounds -- mainly lost inches so far. Also lost all my seasonal allergies (which is AWESOME.) As well as lots of chemicals, such as soap and shampoo. . .
                        If I don't live my dream, who will?

Comment

9 weeks

Comment

Wow, it will be a year in a couple months. I believe I started primal full time (after some dabbling) in September or October 09.

Comment

I've been totally primal for about 4 months now.

Before that I did warrior diet for 9 months, which is very similar to primal except that it allowed to eat some grains and carbs once in a while to "carb-up." In retrospect, the Warrior Diet book is just full of odd rules and claims that are based more on myth than science, but it got me to where I am now.

Before WD, however, I lived gluten free for several years. Baby steps you can say.
                              --
                              Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Comment

5 months!
                                sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

Working...
                                X