Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: How Long Have You Been Primal For?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primal for 1 year and 2 months! I'm half way to my weight goal and no longer sick and tired all of the time.
    Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

Comment

On and off for 2 years, paleo/primal. Feeling fantastic.
      It is sad that the measuring stick of our progress is the speed by which we distance ourselves from the natural world. Even sadder is that we will only see this when there is no nature left to save.

Comment

I made it official 2 weeks ago today.

Comment

Fully Primal... 1 year, 8 months

Comment

I've been Primal - close to 90% in diet, not so much in exercise - for one year as of this Friday, and I've lost nearly 100 pounds in that time.
            Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Crap I can't remember for sure but I think it's been since April but I've had one or two non-primal binges in that time.
              My primal adventures:
              http://foodfloraandfelines.blogspot.com/
              Cooking, nutrition, gardening, foraging, preserving, photography

Comment

Since I'm knocked up with big appetite issues right now, and trying to keep weight on any way I can, I'm partially primal but not as strict as I want to be on diet yet. And exercise, well, it's a bit challenging in the latter half of pregnancy (although of course I'm walking as much as I can, and swimming!) Considering I'm still basically using pregnancy as an excuse, I'd say I'm not primal yet.

For me, it will "count" once I'm in a situation where I am better able to comply (So, late December-ish.) So call me negative four months Primal. I'm confident it will really help me out with my c-section recovery and beyond!
                Last edited by Jenny; 08-11-2010, 10:09 AM. Reason: noting it's really an appetite issue
                "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Primal since February!!! :-D
                  Natural Selection: http://ichoosenaturalselection.wordpress.com

Comment

5 months!
                    Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
                    Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
                    Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
                    Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

Seven months and still loving it.
                      Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

18 months... still going strong.

Comment

I discovered MDA and PB in June of 2009. So I've been Primal (at various degrees 50% - 80%) for 14 months now.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses!

Originally posted by Barefoot View Post
                            I made it official 2 weeks ago today.
                            Nice! I have made it official on April 5.

And, you have one of my favorite usernames - I am surprised no one else took it before you!

Originally posted by Griff View Post
                            I've been Primal - close to 90% in diet, not so much in exercise - for one year as of this Friday, and I've lost nearly 100 pounds in that time.
                            Congrats Griff! A close friend of mine went primal about 6 weeks ago and has been consistently losing weight without exercising at all. As soon as he loses a little more he will start walking and will eventually get into primal fitness.
                            Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by maba View Post
                              I discovered MDA and PB in June of 2009. So I've been Primal (at various degrees 50% - 80%) for 14 months now.
                              +1, & add a month...
                              *finally* adding some fitness the past couple months
                              ps: I love you MDA, PB, PBF !!

Comment

Almost 6 months.

Comment

Working...
                                X