Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you

Comment

Have there been any studies done about the different kinds of BC? I currently use the Mirena, which is a combo IUD/Hormone BC. I absolutely do not want kids, so until I'm old enough to do something permanent about it, I'm stuck with what's offered. I lost a ton of weight on Depo alone, but had major concerns about the loss of bone density that occurs over time. I haven't noticed anything weight-wise with the Mirena, but then again, all of my current weight was courtesy of anti-depressants that I am no longer using.

Comment

When a new type of BC comes out, the package insert usually says that no new studies were done because it's similar to X & Y type that are already out and already have studies, so they assume the results will be the same. The package inserts can actually be very informative as to what has and hasn't been studied. Mostly it's about teratogenicity, stroke risk, death, and sometimes minor effects like weight gain or mood changes.
        5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
        Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
        Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
        Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
        ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Centchroman (also called Centron and Saheli) is a non-hormonal once a week pill from India ( but you can buy it online, it is very cheap). Centchroman is free of the side effects common to hormonal pills, and based on limited studies seems to be very effective at preventing pregnancy. The drug does not prevent ovulation, and works only by preventing a fertilized egg from implanting. You can google it out and read a bunch of different opinions.

when I first went primal I was for ditching bc.....I did and I regret it because I didnt stop bleeding. The first month worked fine, like as if I was still on the pill (probably still full of hormones) but then it went nuts. I realize in retrospect your body adjusts back to your natural cycle, and If you can ride out the adjustment thats awesome, then dont worry about it and enjoy getting back to your natural self I just am at a point in my life where I find b/c something reliable and positive in my life. with a past eating disorder I used the pill to get "a period" going ( I know its not really my cycle) , and now I have good piece of mind with pregnancy. I like having two methods going at once. Good luck, and let us know how it goes. All the supplement advice is great on here as well! Its changed my life love my vit D, mag, and fish oil ! Grok on

Comment

works only by preventing a fertilized egg from implanting
            Interesting - I wonder what the long term ramifications are of this vs. hormonal pills. Instead of your body merely thinking it's pregnant all the time, it actually is conceiving and then terminating the products of that conception regularly, as much as once a month.
            5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
            Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
            Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
            Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
            ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Update: after nearly 2 weeks of deliberation (thanks for your guys' input!) I've decided not to go with BC for now. I really want to try this the natural way and am looking into timing certain supplements to help with certain symptoms....

Thanks guys :-)

Comment

Working...
              X