Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• illinois inmates tortured with soy based diet

http://www.chicagotribune.com/health...183,full.story

Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

I fail to have any sympathy for them, really.

Comment

Really, with all of the victims of true torture and starvation in the world, it's inmates that garner concern??? They're being fed soy, not being starved.
      The more I see the less I know for sure.
      -John Lennon

Comment

I agree with blank_faceplate, do the crime, pay the time, eat what is given to them...

Comment

Originally posted by Darthash View Post
          I agree with blank_faceplate, do the crime, pay the time, eat what is given to them...
          ...get chemically castrated????
          A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Poor babies.

Sounds like a great idea to me. What better way to wipe out their violent tendencies than to drop those testosterone levels with diet?

Comment

You ever consider that not everyone in jail is a violent sociopath? Their are tons of non-violent and even non-immoral ways to land yourself in hail . . like selling raw milk for instance?. . . .
              Starting Weight : 338lbs 6/11/2010
              Current Weight: 266lbs
              High-school Weight: 235lbs
              Goal: ????

Comment

Or possessing a little weed? Good point, Russ.
                You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

wow, we have some insensitive members here huh? what if it was one of your family members in there? unbelievable. thank you russ.
                  Last edited by shannon; 08-05-2010, 08:26 AM.
                  Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Comment

The article is about prison, not jail. The inmates are being fed, not tortured. Or should we provide grass-fed organic foods to all of our fine inmates? I'll save my compassion for people who are really in need.

Comment

Being held against you're will not allowed to work, or provide to yourself for fear of being beaten or killed is pretty "in need"
                      Starting Weight : 338lbs 6/11/2010
                      Current Weight: 266lbs
                      High-school Weight: 235lbs
                      Goal: ????

Comment

Right, sorry. For a minute I thought we were talking about a population that includes violent felons, murderers, rapists, and pedophiles, just to name a few. I had forgotten we were talking about the Tibetan Buddhists.

Comment

In most prisons, those types of offenders are the minority.
                          You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by dragonmamma View Post
                            Poor babies.

Sounds like a great idea to me. What better way to wipe out their violent tendencies than to drop those testosterone levels with diet?
                            a drop in testosterone leads to irritibility and increased aggression. remember our dear vegan friends?

Comment

Originally posted by Primalchild View Post
                              In most prisons, those types of offenders are the minority.
                              What makes up the majority of a prison population then? Serious question.

Comment

Working...
                              X