Police Begin "Guns Drawn" Raids on Organic Food Stores in California

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Begin "Guns Drawn" Raids on Organic Food Stores in California

I posted this on my journal last night, but nobody reads my journal, so I thought I'd re-post here.

A fine example of state violence.

Comply or die
    Starting Weight : 338lbs 6/11/2010
    Current Weight: 266lbs
    High-school Weight: 235lbs
    Goal: ????

Comment

CW with a gun, scary. And people why I laugh when they say we live in a free country (usually while they are waving their "Made in China" American flags).
      Randal
      AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
      Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
      http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

This looks like the worst police raid in history. No form, no situational awareness, no communication, no backing up officers going into uncleared rooms. This is either fake or they have the worst training program in history. If there was anyone with a gun inside every cop would be dead except for maybe one.

I'd like to look into this more b/c I am still dumbfounded as to why anyone would raid a healthfoods store.
        Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Comment

Why the hell was that guy standing there with his gun drawn in such an aggressive fashion for so long? It's like he was really, really hoping somebody would show up that he could shoot. He wasn't at the scene of a bank robbery; he was in an organic food warehouse. That really pisses me off.

Comment

They really look like Rent a Cops.
            Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Comment

Rent a cops are way worse than real cops, because they're trying to pretend how tough they are. (Let me know if you want to know about my encounter with a mall cop.)

Comment

I'm sorry, I really do think there's more to this story than most people are seeing.
                Aajonus Vonderplanitz---he's the guy that is advocating raw/rotten meat consumption.

I can understand that the store didn't have the proper permits, but officers would not have entered with guns drawn unless some other factor was in play.

Something unusual is goin on here.

Comment

"...I wonder if there's another factor here that Vonderplanitz doesn't allude to directly. If you read through his buying club membership materials, he takes what many in public health would consider to be a radical view of food rights. The application says the member wants food that is not only free of chemicals and undue heating or cooling, but also "may contain microbes, including but not limited to salmonella, E.coli, campylobacter,listeria, gangrene and parasites..." In other words, don't try to give us protection we don't want."

http://davidgumpert.squarespace.com/...-los-ange.html

There's the "Felony" part.

Comment

Looks like someone is really pissed by the "be healthy" current... to bad the state is on that side as for now. I was hoping that obama's health reform would be a different approach of health care, as it says...protecting health not a disease oriented one the way it's been reformulated.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonmamma View Post
                      Why the hell was that guy standing there with his gun drawn in such an aggressive fashion for so long? It's like he was really, really hoping somebody would show up that he could shoot. He wasn't at the scene of a bank robbery; he was in an organic food warehouse. That really pisses me off.
                      Why was he? That's a good question. We couldn't see who he was talking to and whether or not they were complying. We couldn't hear what he was saying. (I'm not saying the cop was in the right, but there is nowhere near enough information on one side or the other to really gauge that).

Cops do a very dangerous job and I'm willing to give a lot of leeway for whether or not they feel the need to enter with weapons drawn. There may have been intelligence they was wrong or that we just aren't privvy to.

And you're right ApalachianMatt, that is some truly awful situational awareness. Hell, I'd think anyone with a little HALO experience would have known how to clear a room better.

Comment

+1 on nowhere near enough info to judge appropriately.

Cops, unfortunately, are not trained NEAR enough for what they need to do their jobs the most efficient way possible. Bureaucratic BS reduces the appropriate training down to nothing out of fear of lawsuits.

The worst part is, if an officer goes out and procures training on their own time and money, even if the training is fully accredited/supported/applicable, they run the risk of facing an individual lawsuit b/c they didn't use "Department Condoned" training. That's why a lot of departments don't let their officers do any kind of "outside" police training.

Comment

I've read elsewhere about this, people bitching, and moaning about the NWO in their raw milk.

Who cares.

Cops draw guns on people all the time.

Alarmist claptrap.

Comment

Here is a link to an article about this in the L.A. Times:

Raw-food raid highlights a hunger

Comment

I think the reason they sucked so badly on that raid, is precisely because they weren't really cops. They were armed agents from LA County DA's Office, LA County Health Department, and the USDA.

The owner of the store apparently gave them a bunch of hassle when they made a visit five years previously. That plus their lack of training, probably explains their over-reaction completely.

Comment

Working...
                              X