Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monogamy not primal?

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/life...730-10zsn.html
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

well in that case....

hahaha... j/k

I still want my man exclusive style.

Comment

please don't start this again, it's a personal choice and it doesn't make you any less 'primal' to stay with one person. plenty of animals do it.
      to each his own...
      Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Comment

One method of creating/building a prosperous civilization is through monogamy/marriage.

Now that marriage is on the decline and divorce is on the rise...hmm...

Comment

I think restricting ourselves to a black and white/one or the other notion is what's unprimal. Consenting adults deserve to engage whatever romantic and sexual structures they want, without everyone thumbing their noses at them.
          “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

If it's un-primal, then monogamy is in my 20% for sure.
            "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Originally posted by Chaohinon View Post
              I think restricting ourselves to a black and white/one or the other notion is what's unprimal. Consenting adults deserve to engage whatever romantic and sexual structures they want, without everyone thumbing their noses at them.
              +1

Personally, monogamy works for me. Admittedly I was a 'serial monogamist' in my younger years, but now that I found the right man, I'm content. It isn't always easy - you have to learn how to make your differences complement each other rather than being a source of conflict. Having been with one person for a long time, I can say that monogamy can be very rewarding - being 'comfortable' not in the fluffy-slipper don't-care way, but knowing each other and understanding each other, feeling secure and at ease. You are able to be honest and have a sense of freedom.

I think "know thyself" is an important injunction here, because problems start when one person enters a relationship with differing expectations.
              If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder

Comment

unusually well balanced article actually...
                If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder

Comment

Great line from Penn & Teller the other night. They interviewed an octagenarian & asked him how often he has sex? He replied that he had sex almost every night.... almost Monday, almost tuesday, almost Wednesday.......
                  "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Comment

Working...
                  X