No announcement yet.

Homeschooling unit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a note: I home schooled my kids and they turned out fine. Got a biologist, a RN, and a meteorologist for the efforts.

Most people usually complained about how my kids would miss out on socialization. I always held that home schooled kids would have no problems dealing with public school kids as long as they used small words and shorter sentences.
    In the game of Rock, Paper, Scissors

shotgun always wins.

Comment

LOL Thanks, Gator. I'm not too worried about the homeschooling thing. It's what's best for them right now. Thanks!

Comment

Another homeschooling family here! My kids are 5 and 3...we did k12 curriculum last year...will be doing tranditional homeschooling this year, though. Nice to see there are others out there!

Comment

I'm loving the PBF! It came at a great time...the kids are going to love it!

Comment

There is a newer Michael Pollan book, "In Defense of Food," that I found a lot more readable than "The Omnivore's Dilemma". You might want to give that one a look.

Good luck!

Comment

Another homeschooling mom here! (8 and 4). I plan to incorporate PB nutrition into our learning, but for my two...I think it is a little too early to do it formally. However, my 8 year old was recently overheard saying at a restaurant to a waitress: "Can we just have the chicken and the broccoli and not the rice? I don't want the carbs, and it isn't grow food." Makes a momma proud.
              Down almost 40 lbs. 70 to go.

Comment

Originally posted by DianeThePurple View Post
                There is a newer Michael Pollan book, "In Defense of Food," that I found a lot more readable than "The Omnivore's Dilemma". You might want to give that one a look.

Good luck!
                I'll definitely check it out...thanks!

Comment

Diktynna, you should be proud...I would be...and excited!

Yeah, I was beginning to think I wouldn't go too into depth on the why's yet. If they ask questions and want to know more, then we'll go there, but I think I'll just use Mark's food and fitness pyramids. I'm thinking of doing a 30 family challenge too.

Comment

Our unit review: http://annie-babble.blogspot.com/201...s-and-fun.html

We had so much fun! Mark's laws are a great start for a healthy living unit!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X