The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf???

Hey...was wondering if anyone has heard of anything about this book that I believe is scheduled to release in September. I'm always on the look out for new reading material on the topic and as far as I have heard, Robb knows his stuff. Anyone else plan on reading it? I haven't yet had the chance to listen to his podcasts...any good?

Already pre-ordered it on amazon. Robb is an incredibly smart dude, and from the way it sounds, this book is going to be pretty information packed.
    Can't wait.
    - Follow me on Twitter | Read my blog! - www.PaleOZ.com -

Free Robb Wolf Paleo Meal Generator for iPhone
    IF Timer - The Original Intermittent Fasting iPhone App

Comment

I've pre-ordered as well. Also listen to the podcast every week (at least once). Can't wait for the book; it's bound to be jam packed.
      Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

+1. Robb Wolf is a former research biochemist who has put his scientific and detail oriented mind into paleo diet and fitnesss. Looking forward to the book. If you haven't caught his podcasts, there are 38 (!) of them now, all for free... all kinds of listener questions addressed in each one. Anyone into the nitty gritty will find them fascinating; he really knows his stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorburne View Post
          Hey...was wondering if anyone has heard of anything about this book that I believe is scheduled to release in September. I'm always on the look out for new reading material on the topic and as far as I have heard, Robb knows his stuff. Anyone else plan on reading it? I haven't yet had the chance to listen to his podcasts...any good?
          Definitely planning on getting the book.

I've heard some but not all of the podcasts. I think whether you'd like them depends on what you're looking for. The presenters come across as likeable. You hear much more from Rob than from Andy. The content doesn't seem as wide-ranging to me, as you get here. A lot seems to revolve around what they do professionally. So they will discuss what a strength training coach might suggest for an exercise and dietary regime for different types of clients: fighters, skinny kids, mothers who'd like to lose weight, for example. The same types of things tend to come up, so there's a certain amount of repetition. But they also handle questions from listeners, and some of those can be quite obscure.

Comment

I love the Paleolithic Solution podcasts. I cant wait to get through them
            "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Comment

I've pre-ordered the book. He's so knowledgable and thorough. I listen to the podcast every week. Always learn a lot. Don't always apply everything I learn!
              Il faut vivre et non pas seulement exister.

Comment

Learning is all about adapting to your lifestyle, not being a robot. If I pick up 1 good/bad thing to incorporate into my lifestyle than I am happy as could be.
                "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Comment

+1 pre-ordered the book on Amazon. I have listened to some of the podcasts - very good information.

Comment

Originally posted by Chairdr View Post
                    Learning is all about adapting to your lifestyle, not being a robot. If I pick up 1 good/bad thing to incorporate into my lifestyle than I am happy as could be.
                    I totally agree!
                    The more I see the less I know for sure.
                    -John Lennon

Comment

I should get some sort of a discount for being listener #10!
                      Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

I just saw that the other day as well while looking at the Primal Blueprint cookbook. I really enjoy his writing and podcasts so am anxious for it to come out.
                        Mama to 4, wife to my love

Comment

I've reordered too. Playing with the idea of becoming paleo- nutrition certified, too.

Comment

+1 to having pre-ordered the book.

I listen to the podcast every single week and he's answered a question or two of mine on it too.

Bearing in mind that the sheer amount of information and knowledge he imparts every week is completely free, the guy needs a chuffing medal.

Comment

Working...
                            X