• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Recall

Hi PBrs,

I had some bloods done the other day, and today the doctors
    office has called me back in. Now my head is spinning, what
    could be wrong? there is nothing wrong with me, probably
    something stupid, but my head want stop thinking now.

Also can I ask for a print out of my test results so I can let
    you guy's let me know what they actually mean, I have seen
    others put there's up, but I don't understand them.

Talk soon
    couchie

Yes, you have a legal right to your medical files and test results. It's a good idea to get a copy of all test results.

What tests did they run?

Comment

In Australia we have no legal right to our medical records. We do have the right to change GP. I've never had any problem getting my GP to give me test results
      Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
        In Australia we have no legal right to our medical records. We do have the right to change GP. I've never had any problem getting my GP to give me test results
        WoW! Does not compute... Glad your GP is accommodating!

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
          I did not know this. Fuck I hate our nanny state.
          A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Yeah, they have the right to pay for them, through insurance or not, right?

Comment

Sorry, had it wrong. There is a right to access, with some restrictions http://www.privacy.gov.au/faq/health/q5 May have to pay to get copies though.

couchie, how'd you go?
              Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Just commenting so I can find this post later. I'm curious, as my doctor recently "freaked out" when I got my VAP results.

Comment

I'd suggest reading Griff's cholesterol primer before you go, as it sounds like there's a good chance they're going to freak out over numbers that may actually be of no concern at all.
                  Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

Ha, Barbeygirl,

I wish I had of seen your post before I went this morning,
                    because that is what has happened, I have high cholestrol, 210.
                    I have just finished reading Griff's post, so I feel better.
                    That number is all I now, couldn't get any other results, sucks.
                    So he has told me to diet and exercise to lose weight, no der!

Comment

210 isn't very high. I'd worry more about getting HDL up and triglycerides down than your total. But as you don't have those numbers you have nothing about which to worry! Just keep doing the PB thing and enjoy the benefits

Comment

Working...
                      X