Too excited about Primal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too excited about Primal?

Anyone else so interested in Primal that they feel like they're neglecting other things (even Primal activities)?

I feel like there is so much to read about living primally that I spend my time reading about it on the net. I'm spending waaay more time than I should reading it at work and even when I get home I'm constantly on MDA when I could be outside playing.

I try to get away, but it seems I always end up right back here.

Anyone else feel like this sometimes?

Yes.

This is why I sometimes take intentional "internet holidays" -- as in, holidays from being online. Learning via the internet is useful, but addictive.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

It's hard not to be when I owe being "shredded" to Primal living...

Comment

Originally posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
        Yes.

This is why I sometimes take intentional "internet holidays" -- as in, holidays from being online. Learning via the internet is useful, but addictive.
        Ya, luckily I get away to the cottage for the weekends in the summer (and I refuse to get the net there) so I do get an internet holiday by accident.

I should try incorporating these holidays during the week.

Originally posted by arthurb999 View Post
        It's hard not to be when I owe being "shredded" to Primal living...
        Man, I hope to be able to say this in the future..

Comment

Anybody know a good divorce lawyer? LOL

I am getting major heat from the wife over it.
          "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Comment

Originally posted by Chairdr View Post
            Anybody know a good divorce lawyer? LOL

I am getting major heat from the wife over it.
            Hahaha, ya mine was pretty irritated the first week. She's doing it now too though and I've also really slowed down on the talking about it so it's not as bad anymore.

I'm thinking that starting a blog to write stuff down rather than talk about it all the time would help. But with a blog, I'd spend even more time on the internet talking and researching Primal things.

Comment

When I first found this blog I was doing the same exact thing. It took me about 4 months before I decided to jump in head first and actually go primal. Here I am 3 months later trying to spread the primal word around as much as possible.

Take online holidays and try to limit the # of articles you read and/or forum threads you read. It is best to live the lifestyle rather than just read about it

It may take time as it did for me... just be patient with yourself and put limits on.
              Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by fufonzo View Post
                Hahaha, ya mine was pretty irritated the first week. She's doing it now too though and I've also really slowed down on the talking about it so it's not as bad anymore.
                This was me...but at least all that constant talk about it finally got the hubby on board!
                For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Comment

You mean like sitting here at my desk reading the boards when I should be invoicing?

I just discovered ALL of this one month ago, so I'm giving myself a little leeway while I learn the ropes - but I do get a little obsessive about any new thing I discover. Eventually the novelty wears off and I can keep it at a reasonable level.
                  Sassy: Revised - my primal log

Comment

Working...
                  X