No announcement yet.

I saw someone wearing VFFs in public!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a sweaty feet is very annoying and embarrassing...
    Download FREE 3 Day Crash Course
    The Golden Rules You Must Follow to Sweat Normally | how to stop sweating | armpit sweating

Comment

I actually see them a lot around town. I live in a military town and they are getting to be popular with some of that crowd, mainly the crossfit folks!
      My new blog! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37215.html Come see me!

Comment

I crossed paths with another pair of VFFs at Piedmont Park last week. First time in 6 months. My daughter got her first pair this weekend which I think is awesome. A college senior wanting to be cool like her 58 year old mom is the bomb! I'm sure my son in the Peace Corps in Guatemala is turning a few heads there with the pair we sent in a care package.

Comment

See them all the time here in Everett.
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I have a job where I stand/walk for eight hours straight on concrete. Would vibrams be a bad idea for that kind of use? Especially since I have sensitive soles.
            Doing the Primal 30 Day Challenge since August 8th, 2011!

Comment

I've been wearing my VFFs daily since I bought them (3 months now?). I wash them once or twice a week. I try and scrub the sole really well before I throw them into the washing machine. If they're stinky, I toss some baking soda into the washer with them (or scrub the sole with a baking soda paste before I toss them in).

Work doesn't seem to care (Software company) or I'm given a sort of 'free pass' because of the massive weight I've lost in the last year. <chuckle>

I get some weird looks/double-takes sometimes, but almost no one says anything. If someone asks about them, I talk them up and flex my calves and stretch my achilles and show them what walking around barefoot gives you.

<0

Comment

I'm debating whether I should get a pair or not. For work my company doesn't care if I'm barefoot as we don't deal directly with clients. So, I'm barefoot at work all the time. I also walk outside barefoot, since current weather permits that. I drive barefoot as well. In the past 2 months that I've been working here actually I've been barefoot most often than not, as obviously at home I prefer to be barefoot as well.

I would only consider them for when the season changes perhaps, though I'd still go barefoot at work/home so I'm not sure if it's worth it for me. I also have webbed toes (the ones next to the big toe only, but both feet) which I think would require me to alter them manually as I would not be able to get my toes in otherwise. I wear Feiyues almost exclusively now, and they're very flat/minimalist especially since I don't wear socks. Their only drawback is they make my feet sweat a lot, which results in stinky feet and sneakers.

If VFFs are more breathable, I might have to look into them after all...

I work in NYC, so I'm seeing them a lot more. I saw somebody wearing them in a NJ mall just last night, now THAT was weird.
                I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

I wear mine in public whenever I can get away with it, which is sometimes with my wife, but never with my kids. I am even going barefoot around the neighborhood sometimes. We delivered one son to college in Boulder, CO last week. I tried to wear them for walking around campus for orientation but son said no. Wouldn't let me walk barefoot just for a little bit on the lush green grass either. I saw one other dad wearing VFFs, he looked cool, and I was like "damn" that could be me.
                  Grass Fed Beef Restaurants

Comment

In Coastal NC people where them alot, (they are great for kayaking), but not so much in the Piedmont area. We have a lot of stores that sell them though, and they can't keep them in stock. So lots of people seem to like them! I like to wear mine around the house and kayaking, etc. It does embarass my hubby though...
                    Have high hopes that journaling can keep me on track: www.southerndink.com If you are on twitter hit me up so we can keep each other motivated: http://twitter.com/SouthernDink

Comment

I've only seen them out and about once, in Harvard Square (hipster-central around Boston). They just look so goofy to me!
                      Depression Lies

Comment

I see them a TON in Colorado. Primarily CrossFit but quite often in 'Public' as well. I saw quite a few at the Warrior Dash this weekend and even at some of my softball games! They are getting to be really common around here. I still haven't jumped on board, myself.

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                          I've only seen them out and about once, in Harvard Square (hipster-central around Boston). They just look so goofy to me!
                          Sometimes to me too honestly! I'd rather just go straight up barefoot you know? This is another one of those things our society is dumb about, nobody would ask me to leave an establishment if I was wearing VFFs, but I run the risk if I'm barefoot... why? my footwear is probably just as dirty if not dirtier than my bare feet.

Does anybody know of any real reasons, like I know in some cultures feet are offensive, certainly not in America, but are bacterial issues a real concern? I'm unfamiliar if there are bacteria that live exclusively on feet that could pose a threat to others... clearly if that was the case we'd all have perished long ago. Is it then just more of a norm? I should try to do some barefoot food shopping and see what happens...

Comment

Saw them in the subway yesterday (predictably filthy), someone jogging this morning as well. Noticeable for how ugly they are.
                            Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

I wear them most of the time until the winter hits (as yet, VFFs have not proven friendly to our winters). I bought a pair of the smartwool ones, and I also have a black pair of Treks, both of which are much less obvious than the more colourful options--some of them really are jarring. I get a lot of friendly questions about them and a lot of positive response, and kids love them. Sometimes little ones even come up to touch my toes because they're fascinated.

Now and then I see other people wearing them, and we often give each other what I'm now thinking of as the VFF smile-and-nod. I've never had someone ask me if I'm primal, though.
                              “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

haha I often wonder how I'd ask someone if they were paleo ... "so, eat grains much?"

Comment

Working...
                                X