I saw someone wearing VFFs in public!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angieh View Post
    I live in Virginia in a rather... well, redneck... (sorry, but not sure how else to explain) area. I had never heard of them nor seen them until MDA. However, in June I saw a girl at a Phish show wearing them - that was my first and only sighting. They were a cute light blue pair -- and boy, she was dancing her butt off! I looked them up on ebay today and found a few pairs that wear only 19.00 -- is it possible there are counterfeits or are some models inexpensive??
    There are a lot of counterfeits out there. A good guide to spotting them is up at http://www.birthdayshoes.com

Comment

I wear mine out all the time. It's funny how much attention they get. As of yet, I haven't seen anyone else wearing them.

Comment

Originally posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
        I wear mine out all the time. It's funny how much attention they get. As of yet, I haven't seen anyone else wearing them.
        Ditto. I went to the mall today and got asked about them 3 times in an hour and a half.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

I had a student who wore them to class all the time, and I've seen a couple guys on the train with them. But I see PB-style exercisers in my park all the time, too - we're not as rare in the big coastal cities as we might think.
          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

I went to the Farmers market today and met up with another PB'er for the first time, we were both wearing them, and no we didn't plan it that way
            Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

There's a dude I occasionally see at my local Whole Foods who wears them. I've yet to ask him about them, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberta View Post
                Can someone tell me if they are lined.
                No they are not lined, the material is essentially a tight breathable single layered mesh, however, the toes are covered with a thicker tighter mesh material.

that was vague but i hope that helps...

Comment

When I'm back in the States I wear my VFF all the time and have had a lot of good comments about them, which pisses of my wife since she thinks that they are freakly looking and doesn't understand why others don't think the same. If I'm not in my VFF, I'm barefoot. Also wear them when I'm back in Egypt and get a lot of comments, usually friendly ones.
                  Randal
                  AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                  Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                  http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

I'm seeing them more and more, during morning work outs (Navy). There especially popular in the Spec Ops community

Comment

I wear mine (classics) out in public often and yes people do find them weird. Sometimes I hear people chuckling behind me, it's ok though I don't care, I LOVE my VFF's. I have had them about a month now and am about ready to get my Bikilas and start running in them.

I have sweaty feet and the VFF's are great because they let my feet breathe until they get wet. I went camping last weekend. They got wet Saturday morning in the dew and were wet the rest of the weekend. They would not dry out with my feet in them. So by Sunday afternoon they were STINKY!!! After a few washes and leaving them to get good and dry for a few days they are good as new!

I have only seen them twice before I had owned a pair and my sightings were not in public.
                      Bags
                      Primal Since 10/2009

Comment

Originally posted by Baglady View Post
                        I They would not dry out with my feet in them. So by Sunday afternoon they were STINKY!!! After a few washes and leaving them to get good and dry for a few days they are good as new!
                        I wear mine every day all day. The cloth ones get stinky pretty fast so I wash them every 2nd wearing and rinse in diluted vinegar. The vinegar is *the bomb* at keeping the stinks at bay.

Now my leather ones..... *love* They stayed stink free for weeks. I'm 3 weeks into daily wear and will probably wash them tomorrow. Even now, it's mild....I have to put my nose in the shoe to find it.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

@cillakat

Thank you for the vinegar hint. I had to wash mine twice and the second time I used a dash of bleach and was very nervous about that, they are too expensive to reuin them so quickly. Will you wash the leather ones the same way as you did the cloth ones?

I wore mine the first three weeks I had them everyday, then went camping and then spent last week wasing and drying. I want to wear them all the time and now you have given me hope!!
                          Bags
                          Primal Since 10/2009

Comment

Originally posted by cillakat View Post
                            I wear mine every day all day. The cloth ones get stinky pretty fast so I wash them every 2nd wearing and rinse in diluted vinegar. The vinegar is *the bomb* at keeping the stinks at bay.
                            What water-to-vinegar ratio do you use? The same as for hair washing (i.e., a tablespoon of vinegar per cup of water)? I'll have to try this.
                            Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                            -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

1:4 ratio vin:water. I first wash in my front loader (though I've also read of folks just wearing them in the shower and soaping them up that way), then remove, then dunk in a bucket with enough vin/water to cover, then either hang dry, or set in sun to dry, or spin first in the front loader, then dry as mentioned.

but with only one pr, I still could't wear them daily....they didn't dry fast enough.

The leather ones can apparently be washed just like the others.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Originally posted by cillakat View Post
                                1:4 ratio vin:water. I first wash in my front loader (though I've also read of folks just wearing them in the shower and soaping them up that way), then remove, then dunk in a bucket with enough vin/water to cover, then either hang dry, or set in sun to dry, or spin first in the front loader, then dry as mentioned.
                                Forgive me if I'm being dense, but to be clear so I don't mess it up (haha) -- 1 cup vinegar per four cups water? I've not been into the ratio business with home care very long (indeed, this past week is my first real foray into it) so I want to learn everything the right way the first time.
                                Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                                -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

Working...
                                X