Any doctors out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any doctors out there?

Hi, I am a second year med student and have been doing a lot of research in the past year about health and nutrition. I am really starting to doubt the healthcare field and am unsure about whether or not I should continue what I started. I am thinking about transferring to a naturopathic medicine program but am not sure about that either. Any input would be appreciated, especially from any doctors, NDs, or healthcare workers. Thanks

We need primal doctors!

Comment

Originally posted by RogerDeRok View Post
      We need primal doctors!
      seriously
      Starting Weight : 338lbs 6/11/2010
      Current Weight: 266lbs
      High-school Weight: 235lbs
      Goal: ????

Comment

For maude's sake Valerie, don't quite. The medical profession needs you. We need you. There are people out there who will live because of the kind of help only an MD will be able to give them.

My brother is an MD, I'll see if I can get him to chime in.

I'd give my left arm to be in your shoes. And I wouldn't quit. Please Valerie.....Please. Don't. Quit.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Yeah, if I knew of a primal doctor in my town, that'd be my PCP right away. If there are doctors out there who believe in what I believe, then I know I would be supported and given support I need.

Comment

+1 to everything already said!

Roger - I am in Albuquerque too. I would love to have a Dr. that had my beliefs!

Comment

Well what are you questioning? If it's just CW then don't let that stop you, regurgitate what you need to pass the tests. You can be a change for better from inside the system. Just think of all the people with white-coat syndrome you'd be able to help.

If it's something else (a calling to be part of a pan flute band? Suddenly passing out at the sight of blood? General burnout?) then evaluate for yourself what you need and want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberta View Post
                +1 to everything already said!

Roger - I am in Albuquerque too. I would love to have a Dr. that had my beliefs!
                You are!? I thought Son of Grok and I were the only primal folks here!

Comment

You are!? I thought Son of Grok and I were the only primal folks here!
                  Not anymore . I am pretty new to it, but have been a low carber for years! Now I am curious who Son of Grok is.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberta View Post
                    Not anymore . I am pretty new to it, but have been a low carber for years! Now I am curious who Son of Grok is.
                    I've been primal since November 2008 after I saw Son of Grok's success after he'd been primal about 3-4 months. He's a good buddy of mine from high school who I reconnected with about 3 years ago. He does a pretty popular primal site that I recently became a co-writer for:
                    http://www.sonofgrok.com

Sorry to steer away from the original topic!

Comment

I've been primal since November 2008 after I saw Son of Grok's success after he'd been primal about 3-4 months. He's a good buddy of mine from high school who I reconnected with about 3 years ago. He does a pretty popular primal site that I recently became a co-writer for:
                      http://www.sonofgrok.com

Sorry to steer away from the original topic!
                      Yeah, sorry for the threadjack. Roger I will send you a pm in a while, I have to do kettlebells right now.

Comment

I was just reading the personal story of Dr. Bernstein, the diabetes doctor, who advocates a strict very low carb diet to control diabetes and has excellent gains with his type I patients. He had tried to advocate for this diet but no one would listen, so he went to med school later in life and got an MD. With the credentials, people started listening and he was able to treat patients.

Comment

"Primal Physicians"--- members certified in environmental medicine are about as close as you will come.

Find one in your area--and more about the field---at http://www.aaemonline.org/

These are health care providers who do all they can to avoid using drugs and surgery. They cure, not just charge.
                          In the game of Rock, Paper, Scissors

shotgun always wins.

Comment

Stay in medicine. Learn what school can teach you and continue to learn on your own. My doctor recommened the book Primal Blueprint to me and so I bought it and the cookbook on Amazon. From the book, I learned of this web site, I am strictly following the Primal life style but still have questions.

I am pre-diabetic, or barely diabetic -- who knows -- but also have high cholesterol. So I eat primally but do worry about the fats ...

Comment

Originally posted by cillakat View Post
                              For maude's sake Valerie, don't quite. The medical profession needs you. We need you. There are people out there who will live because of the kind of help only an MD will be able to give them.

My brother is an MD, I'll see if I can get him to chime in.

I'd give my left arm to be in your shoes. And I wouldn't quit. Please Valerie.....Please. Don't. Quit.
                              I am with Cillakat 100%.The medical community around the world needs caring but forward thinking people who are not afraid to adopt new ideas thus you are in a great position knowing what you do.

Please don't quit.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X