Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do You Use For Soap to Wash Your Hands?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Use For Soap to Wash Your Hands?

I have toothpaste and deodorant figured out. I do not use shampoo since I have very short hair

But, I am still using normal liquid soap. What do YOU use for soap to wash your hands?
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

I use my own hand crafted cold process soap. My favorite bar is a blend that has lard/tallow/palm and it is wonderful.
    Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

Comment

Diluted Dr. Bronner's.

Comment

Originally posted by AuH2Ogirl View Post
        Diluted Dr. Bronner's.
        same here: I use their unscented baby soap.
        Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

Uhhhh...water?

Comment

For the most part nothing. In the shower I just use water and scrubbing, same with washing my hands after the bathroom (20 seconds at least!) and before cooking. If I've just handled something like raw chicken I reach for dishsoap since it's usually the closest thing.

Comment

I try to stay natural so I use a mixture of my urine and dirt to make a paste and then use it to scrub my hands.

Okay, in all seriousness, why is soap too "non-primal"? What about it is harmful?

Comment

Originally posted by Rivvin View Post

Okay, in all seriousness, why is soap too "non-primal"? What about it is harmful?
                Nothing. Plain soap, especially bar soap, is exceptionally benign. Exceptionally. Even liquid soaps are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap
                Soap consists of sodium or potassium salts of fatty acids and is obtained by reacting common oils or fats with a strong alkaline solution (the base, popularly referred to as lye) in a process known as saponification.

Many here like Dr. Bronners but it shreds my skin....I find it incredibly drying and it leaves a wierd film.

We use a whatever 'natural' liquid soap I can get my hands on. I prefer plant based surfactants rather than petroleum based and I tend to avoid SLS simply b/c it's more drying and distruptive to barrier function.

Soaps and shampoos are some of the most innocuous substances going.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Originally posted by LX View Post
                  For the most part nothing. In the shower I just use water and scrubbing, same with washing my hands after the bathroom (20 seconds at least!)
                  Water and friction doesn't have the same effect and soap and friction.

Hopefully you don't work in a restaurant

Comment

I wear contact lenses and travel a lot. Soap and hand sanitizer is your friend, especially during cold and flu season. And yes, I am trying no shampoo right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Egoldstein View Post
                      hand sanitizer
                      +1

Alcohol based hand sanitizers are fantastic. Avoid the non-alcohol actives though as they tend to be known endocrine disruptors.

Comment

I use Ivory
                        It was on sale
                        Like $1 for six bars or something stupid like that

I also use a TON of hand sanitizer. I work at a hospital so it's in my best interest (and the patients!) to practice proper hand washing techniques. People who just use water, please think about returning to soap!
                        The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being proven right or pleasantly surprised.

Comment

I use whatever soap is on sale. Usually the liquid forms, but I'll go with whatever. I don't wash my hands after every little thing, but I do wash them after using the toilet, before/after handling raw meat and before/after eating. I also have cats so I wash my hands after cleaning their litter tray. I also have hand sanitizer around the house too. I don't go overboard on either.
                          "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Comment

I like Kirk's Original Coco Castile bar soap (http://www.kirksnatural.com/barsoap.html). Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Soap of Coconut, Vegetable Glycerin and Water. 78 cents a bar at my grocery store.

Comment

soap and water
                              Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Comment

Working...
                              X