How Often Do You Pass Gas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Often Do You Pass Gas?

No matter how primal we are... we all still pass gas. For me, its way less then what it was before going primal. But, sometimes I feel as if gas is coming out a bit too much during the day. But, I really am not sure.

So, how often do you pass gas? How often should we be passing gas?
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

I thought the average is 14 times a day. My dad is much higher than that, and for me its like once or twice at most a day. I used to pass a ton of gas though, so that's a big improvement. I was always worried when I was around women that I would accidentally stink them out of there if I had gas.
    My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

I rarely do anymore... pre primal WAY too much. I find if I eat really carby I have more gas. *blush*
      The more I see the less I know for sure.
      -John Lennon

Comment

Anytime I can

All kidding aside, much much less since I eliminated grains, if I eat them its gas city.
        You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

Rarely, though I did give Greek yogurt a try this week. That did not do good things for my digestion.

Comment

If I do I don't notice it. When I was eating the CW way it was like 100 times.

Also +1 on the fart thread.
            Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Amazingly little now I am grain free....not that I'm saying that there's nothing like a big juicy fart to let rip on occasion!
              But alot less rumbling and bloating now so I am a happy gal!

Comment

I can tell if something I eat is contaminated with even the slightest bit of gluten, as I become a forkin' fog-horn in less than 30 minutes. As long as I avoid gluten, though, it's a rarity on the PB.

Comment

Also much less since going primal. Legumes and cheese seemed to cause a lot.

Comment

Never.
                    I'm a lady

Comment

On the PB, hardly ever.

Once every couple of months or so, I really get a craving for hummus, so it's part of my 20%. Being the lady that I am, I toot -- never fart! Hummus makes me toot. And toot.
                      "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
                        If I do I don't notice it. When I was eating the CW way it was like 100 times.

Also +1 on the fart thread.
                        It is pretty rare. I generally don't notice it either.
                        Mama to 4, wife to my love

Comment

Very rarely since primal, all the time when eating a poor diet. I miss it sometimes, everyone loves the smell of their own brand.

Comment

The average person excretes 400 to 1200 cc of gas in a day--ie, 24 hours. Some people do this in about a dozen 'attempts'; others may need a hundred or so events. Flatulence is like perspiration. Even in the winter we sweat, but usually don't realize it. Same with flatulence. Flatus contains hydrogen, methane, indoles, skatoles, carbon dioxide, and even oxygen and nitrogen.

As a medical condition, flatulence is not considered to be life threatening.
                            Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Ha, before I went primal I used to fart non stop at the gym sometimes. It was quite embarassing. Oh has life changed since then! I used to eat a PB & J sandwhich with some chips for lunch and then about 2 hours I would go to the gym. At the time I never figured out what the hell was wrong with me... well I know now!
                              Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X