No announcement yet.

Failed 1 hour Glucose Tolerance Test

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would eat carbs tonight for sure but don't overdo it. Maybe a sweet potato with dinner and after dinner a little bit of a favorite sweet dessert This will prime your body for releasing enough insulin to handle a sugar binge (like the glucose solution). It sucks that you have to do it again because drinking that stuff is not fun and waiting 3 hrs to drink water is the worst part but you'll get through it. Even if your blood sugar does go high it won't hurt your baby, it's only when the bs is routinely high for most of the pregnancy that a baby can develop problems from it and that is rare so don't worry! Good luck tomorrow!

Comment

As I said I was lucky to have practitioners that agreed w/ me that routine gd testing was not useful- however if I somehow was in a position that I had to do testing I would definitely do some carbo loading- not crazy but a bit as Katie said. Hopefully, you will sail through it fairly effortlessly.
      Mama to 4, wife to my love

Comment

I carbed up last night and went for my test this morning. God, that drink made me nauseous and light-headed. I was told that the test would be stopped if I threw up and I would have to go back again and do the test all over again. Thankfully, I didn't throw up. But I had to take the rest of the day off from work as I was felling really light-headed and didn't want to drive 20 miles to work. Came home and had a fatty, protein-rich meal. I hope the test results are negative.

Comment

My midwife just called, he got the results and he said the numbers are perfect (62, 149, 149, 99). Woohoo! I'm so relieved. Thank you all so much for your advice on this thread.

Comment

Working...
          X