The Queen is low carb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Queen is low carb

At any rate she is according to the Telegraph.

Could this explain why she can cope with a pretty heavy workload and still be going strong at 90?

“The Queen’s daily diet is mainly carbohydrate-free, consisting of grilled meat or fish, served with two vegetables or a bowl of salad”
    It seems to be all not just low carb but "real food" too:

With produce from the walled gardens, honey from her own hives and all the game from her other estates, Sandringham and Balmoral, it would be wasteful not to tap into her own supply.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-...et---but-no-c/

I'll bet you this is no current fad but how she's always eaten, too. Low carb and real food are getting more popular, but I'll bet neither ever went out of fashion at Buckingham Palace or Balmoral.

She and her mother went low carb many years ago to combat weight creep due to sweet teeth. I know much of the produce that Prince Charles eats is raised organically on his own farms, and it would be reasonable and loving for a son to feed his mother the best he can raise. No doubt his organic philosophy has influenced her gardening operations as well.

Comment

And she has no problem with ye olde budget not being up for best of class organic/grass fed/etc. foods.
      The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

Comment

I was going to mention that a lady who drinks (or drank) only Perrier water probably can afford good food as well.;-)

Comment

Working...
        X