Food Dodging

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food Dodging

Autumn Tiger has invented a new pre-Christmas activity - Food Dodging. Let's tally the "food" that we have NOT partaken of this season.

eg I was at a children's performance last night. I did not eat vividly coloured ice blocks, deep fried hash browns or processed mini sausages.
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

I got hit in the throat with egg nog today.

When I poured it down my throat.

Dodge failed.

Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post

Dodge failed.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm planning on failing that same dodge tomorrow afternoon!

Comment

planning on failing that same dodge tomorrow afternoon!

Comment

Unlike last Christmas season, my first since going primal, this year I have successfully dodged the workplace abundance of cookies, candy and bad choices in the potlucks. Temptation has been minimal. Haven't missed them.
          Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
          Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

Originally posted by John Caton View Post
            Unlike last Christmas season, my first since going primal, this year I have successfully dodged the workplace abundance of cookies, candy and bad choices in the potlucks. Temptation has been minimal. Haven't missed them.
            Yeah the workplace stuff I choose to skip because I know it won't be as delicious anyway. My husband's homemade cookies though? Totally dodging into those.
            Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post

Dodge failed.

I have been tempted to buy some every single week since Halloween, but I have stayed away.

However, my mother always brings some on Christmas Eve, so I won't be able to dodge it then.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Work is by far the worst, they at least think about vegetarians now but that's sometimes even worse for Primal peeps. That said, we have a food area where I dump all the crap we get so I don't feel guilty trashing it.

Comment

cookies, cakes, and cookies at work. Working Christmas eve and the next night, ought to be more of the same.
                  Female, 53 y.o. 195 lbs 2/15, 148 lbs 02/16. Goal wt < 140 lbs.
                  Journal link: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread115661.html
                  http://paleotrack.com/j/GtjBV4YJ

Comment

Skipping the crappy candy has been easy, the homemade cookies? Not so much... I adore eggnog and haven't even tried to skip it!
                    M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
                    - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Comment

I'm visiting my sister and am doing pretty much all the cooking, so I have CONTROL over the kitchen!!!!

My sis and niece are thoroughly enjoying my primal cooking so it's fun to cook for them. Neice has a huge bag of gummy bears and I haven't had even one. Though I am tempted to take some for the long drive home.
                      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

White chocolate coated strawberries mailed by my nephews, hmm...

Overall less dodging this year--gentle nudges toward "old world" recipes and my family is starting to let go of the traditional Pillsbury dough tubes
                        37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Homemade noodles, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes and a whole bunch of Christmas cookies and Belgian chocolates. I ate dark chocolate and dates coated in coconut shreds and much red wine.
                          "On a snow covered mountain time stands still and clarity enters the mind"
                          "I want to find out what happens if I don't give up"

Comment

Working...
                          X