Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOTHING to do with primal living...but need some advice/comforting words!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOTHING to do with primal living...but need some advice/comforting words!

--
    Last edited by reamz; 11-04-2010, 06:23 AM.

My advice: Don't sleep with guys you've only known for six hours.

Comment

He started off badly by lying to you about going back to Germany on Monday.
      I think that would be a tough one for me to get past. I don't think it's ever demeaning to ask for clarity, but by untagging photos of the two of you, he's made it pretty clear that he doesn't want any kind of a follow-up relationship.

Let this one go. All guys are NOT like that.

Also, you can make friends without sleeping with them. Just be clear in your own mind what you're trying to accomplish!

Comment

Originally posted by kuno1chi View Post
        Let this one go. All guys are NOT like that.

Also, you can make friends without sleeping with them. Just be clear in your own mind what you're trying to accomplish!
        this so hard. don't regret - even negative experiences can influence personal growth. just learn from it and move forward. i know you are probably feeling awkward as hell, but this will fade in time.
        sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

Let it go, lesson learned.....onward and upward!

Comment

all guys are NOT like that. Now you know who to avoid.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that's not what all guys are like. This guy either is just into one nighters or already has a gf somewhere. In any case I'd say forget this guy and find one that genuinely gets you.
              http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

To steal some Tibetan philosophy, you cant change the past or the present, but you can change the future. Just remember, one day in the future you will think back to this moment and laugh your ass off about it.
                - Follow me on Twitter | Read my blog! - www.PaleOZ.com -

Free Robb Wolf Paleo Meal Generator for iPhone
                IF Timer - The Original Intermittent Fasting iPhone App

Comment

My wife's grandmother had a bit of advice: "when you meet the one for you, he won't be the one who makes you cry."

We all do stupid stuff as we move through life. I can't think of a single person who can't say "man...what was I THINKING?!" about something or another.

It's part of what makes us who we are! So you went out, had a one-night-stand, and then the person treated you like crap the day after - it's happened to me (sometimes women can be pretty crappy too FWIW), before she met me it happened to my wife, it happens to everyone who puts themselves in that position. Lay your heart on the line, and sometimes it gets stomped on. Doesn't mean you shouldn't take risks with it (that's how I MET my wife - in a bar, in Boston, while I was on leave, in what might have been a one-night-stand otherwise). Just means that we all get bumps and bruises along the way until we meet the person who's meant for us.

It makes us appreciate them that much more once we find them.

Concur with PaleoRob - someday you'll look back at this and laugh.

Comment

I ALWAYS un-tag photos of me on facebook. Facebook is viral. And AMAZINGLY, people don't use the privacy buttons on their account. I have rec'd pictures from friends', friends', friends that I'm NOT friends with. However, someone 7 degrees away tagged one of my friends, and now I'm subjected to more often than not some really tasteless photos. I've seen photos of people that I think should have been reserved for private viewing only! I'm never sure if the photos were meant to be broadcast by factors of 100 in under 2 minutes. Imagine walking into your bosses office, and he's got a photo of the formerly perceived professional you.

People need to be more aware of their facebook presence. What you put out there, Is out there for EVERYONE! Future colleges, Future bosses, people that judge you and decide on whether or not you get jobs. And facebook IS being used this way. Unfair but true. The guy could lose his trust fund if Grammy feels he behaves like a child... You know?

Comment

I personally would not have confronted the guy, the lie made it fairly clear that he is not interested in anything but a one-nighter. Some people do not have the courage to just say they are not interested, so they feel the need to make something up as to not hurt your feelings as much. I have actually done the same thing to be honest - I had a thing, wasn't interested in anything further, so I made something up to take care of the situation without having a sit down discussion with the guy about why I don't like him. If you are going to take it personally, then one-night-stands are probably not in your best interest.
                      For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Comment

I would say if you meet someone who you feel you may like a relationship with then don't go home with them on the first night. If you just want sex then go home with them. Don't confuse a one night stand with a relationship - they are entirely different.

Time to move on, however hard it may be...

Comment

THANKS so much guys, i feel a whole lot better! I did see it as a ONS, and i definetly dont want a relationship with him (although i suppose you could count 'friendship' as a relationship'), but i took things too personally.
                          I've definetly learnt from the experience, so that next time i will need to ask myself "do i mind if i never see this guy again?" and if the answer is no, then a ONS is ok. I guess also i need to be a little less trusting/naive...i guess experiences like this are what make us grow up and mature..
                          Anyway, putting it behind me now..thanks again for the support x

Comment

Working...
                          X