Why Veg*ns are Dangerous

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Veg*ns are Dangerous

Maybe you think Dr Neal Barnard, MD, chair of the Physician's Committe for Responsible Health, lacks political clout?
    http://www.pcrm.org/
    - urging congress to have 'healthy plant-based vegetarian meal options' - You want your kids eating soy at school every day?

Climate Change minister: 'Go veg'
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6891362.ece

Pushing the EU to go veg using global warming as a pretext
    http://www.vegsoc.org/news/2009/hearing.html

Obama suggests a change in diet
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7i...egan-ques_news

Vegan cat food. Even though cats are obligate carnivores.
    http://veganpet.com.au/articles/

How to Win an Argument with a Meat Eater.
    http://www.vegsource.com/news/2009/0...eat-eater.html

or maybe you should go back to being veg?
    http://www.care2.com/causes/animal-w...sed-to-be-veg/

edited to remove critical comments about vegetarianism. The above references may be of interest. or not.
    Last edited by Helen in Oz; 06-14-2010, 05:59 AM.

My kids will forever have packed lunches, and eventually, they'll be cooking their own primal stuff. These people are so annoying, even if (sometimes) their heart is in the right place. I personally feel better knowing my meat grazed on grass and lived what I can only hope was a relatively good life before getting killed. I'm not at all a fan of factory farming and I can see why these people are against it as well, foregoing meat all together though, nein.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

ugh

Comment

Like the world isn't already fed enough bullsh*t propaganda...

Comment

*GROWLS*
          since going primal in feb, ive converted 6 long time vegetarians to meat eating.
          sigpic

Comment

Whole Foods has a very veg-centric, low-fat agenda they're pushing right now: http://www.westonaprice.org/action-a...an-agenda.html
            http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

So I read a few of the links above... I think it's important to find the links (other than this site) that refute those.

RE: Whole Foods... Interesting situation. I can't imagine they will stop carrying the products that we want. MEAT market is still there, Fage Total Still there, and a great selection of organic fruits and veges. So, they'll get my shopping dollars in some instances for now... and not if they change... easy peasy. vote with the ol' might $$ you know!

They're incorporated right? At least a "for profit" company. I mean they still have a fiduciary duty to their share holders. To alienate a large portion of their shoppers... not a smart move with regard to the bottom line. There is no way, that being all vegan, low fat, is going to support their bottom line...

Comment

Fuck vegans. They go and make douchebags of themselves and then I make myself feel like a douchebag for laughing at them when they end up like Lierre Keith, or in the very best of cases with really really really mediocre health despite putting tons of effort, time and money into it.

And the self-righteousness. Oh the self-righteousness burns! Yeah okay you can have compassion for non-contemplative animals, big deal, how about humans? ffs
                Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Vegan dog and cat food? That's just...just...

. . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
                  . . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
                  . . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
                  . . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
                  . . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
                  . . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
                  . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
                  . . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
                  . . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
                  . . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
                  . . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
                  . . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
                  . . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
                  . . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
                  . . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
                  . . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
                  ,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
                  . .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
                  . . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
                  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
                  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
                  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

I can't feel too bad for eating animals... because I'm pretty sure an apex predator wouldn't feel bad for eating me. Cruel world... but I didn't make the rules.
                  Last edited by primal pete; 06-14-2010, 04:45 PM.

Comment

No wonder our pets suffer the same painful issues we do when we eat like crap.
                    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

Maybe they want the population to be fat, less clear thinking and sick. Easier to manipulate.
                      My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

I actually liked Obama's answer to that question although it was a bit too vague to know what he actually believes are healthy foods, it's clear he doesn't think veganism is the answer!

Comment

I think all those vegan people, Neal Barnard, all of them mean well and are trying to help people. And they do get people off SAD and onto whole foods, which is a step in the right direction at least. I was vegan for years, and believed it to be the absolutely ideal diet, until recently. I've had to swallow my pride. I used to think things like, "If my father-in-law would just quit eating so much steak and drinking sodas every day, his gout and ulcerative colitis would heal themselves and he wouldn't be overweight and miserable all the time." But I now feel that people, and food, and society are so complex, that I can't claim to know anything anymore. I believe now that people should eat the way that makes them feel healthiest, and hopefully listen to their own bodies more than to any authorities claiming to be experts on the subject.

As far as sustainability/ecology, either vegan or primal diets can be sustainable or not. The vegan who lives in New York but eats tons of pineapple and bananas, or the primal dude who lives in New York but eats feedlot beef, is feeding himself less sustainably than the New York vegan who eats potatoes, carrots, and kale, or the New York primal dude who eats local grassfed beef.

Bottom line: we've got to show the vegans lots of love...to make up for all that meat they're not getting. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mainer View Post
                            No wonder our pets suffer the same painful issues we do when we eat like crap.
                            My cat gets fat around the middle when she eats cat biscuits and loses weight when she has wet food. Unfortunately she doesn't like wet food (I give it to her anyway and she eats it because she is hungry). Cats shouldn't be fed carbs!! Neither should humans!!
                            My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

Originally posted by kalewoman View Post
                              I think all those vegan people, Neal Barnard, all of them mean well and are trying to help people. And they do get people off SAD and onto whole foods, which is a step in the right direction at least.
                              Bottom line: we've got to show the vegans lots of love...to make up for all that meat they're not getting. ;-)
                              I'll never go vegan bashing even when they bash meat eating. My best friend, an incredible architect, father and husband is vegetarian. I used to steal him away for a British Burger at Denny's back in the day. Maybe a little pizza and beer after hoops. His wife tried to break us up, but we all settled for me just not being such a bad influence. That was 20 years ago, and I'm starting to think it's time to influence my good buddy again. Btw, these appear to be extremely healthy people in every sense of the word, physically, socially, environmentally, psychologically, etc. I consider them a near perfect couple. Sure they've tried to convert me, but always in good spirits, never with judgment, and of course, the very best of intentions.

I've mentioned a few times that I considered veganism in my search for answers to my health issues. They were part of the reason why. Their reaction to my primal decision was priceless.

I basically told them they were right about so much that I was truly impressed. I was going to join them eating tons of whole veggies and avoid refined foods as much as possible, but there was a catch. Instead of eating oats and grains and rice and pasta and bread like them; I was even going to improve on THEIR great diet with animal corpses.

Comment

Working...
                              X