Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me find my way

Hi again everyone...

So I'm hesitant about posting because I've posted a similar topic before. I seemed to have hit a bit of a plateaux, at least I think I have. I know from before, the consensus was just give it time. So it's been about 4 weeks with no discernible difference on the scale or in my belt. Granted, over Christmas I was a little off, and I have noticed I'm not as strict as I was before, but not far off base. Anyway, I just can't seem to break past 260lbs. I might try some more intermittent fasting, but I'm hoping some of you might take a look at my food journal and give me some suggestions. I've done a pretty good job of keeping track of what I eat.

Also, let it be known that I really don't care about the scale. I understand the bigger picture, it just concerns me when things seem to be stalled not with so far to go. Is this kind of pause normal? I started at 293lbs oct 27 2014 currently at 260.1

Thanks
    John

33 lbs in a little over 4 months is pretty cool man! Btw go ahead and link to your food journal if you want us to take a look.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-13-2015, 08:48 AM.

Comment

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread111528.html

That should link to my journal. I hope...

Also, I appreciate the complement. I agee! That's why I'm so concerned since December 5th I've gone from 265 to 260 back up to 263 this morning....It just seems as if everything has halted! Reason for concern?
      Last edited by College Geezer; 01-13-2015, 09:41 AM.

Comment

How are you doing with the other aspects of Primal: exercise, sleep, sun, stress management?

Comment

Just looked. Food choices and meals look great! Congrats on new team member as well! I would suggest you ignore anyone claiming that you are not eating enough. Unless you are lethargic or feeling constantly hungry there is no reason to eat MORE food if your goal is weight loss.

So ya, I think your diet looks spot on. How's the rest? What do you do for exercise?

Comment

Ditch the scale, concentrate more on staying the course. Some people can cheat or stray and be ok, others like myself and maybe you are best on a rigid diet avoid all crap all the time. Eventually eating the way you do will reward you with less weight and more health.

Comment

Yeah, I have a similar issue. Stalled out around 230 lbs. Right now I'm getting my thyroid tested. Have you been to a doctor to rule out any physical problems? Although I think in general, plateaus are normal.
              Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Thanks for all the great replies I'll try and answer all. As far as other aspects of primal, exercise, i play ice hockey (goalie) anywhere from 4-6 hours a week quite high intensity. Over Christmas, like everything, this slowed. It has since resumed. Sleep. We just had a baby, so my sleep is not at 8 hours like it should be, but it's not far off. As far as everyone saying eat more, that's not going to happen. I feel great and definitely do not need more food. Again, I'm not overly concerned with the scale, I just see it as a potential indicator of an issue. Is the consensus here that this plateau is normal and to continue as I am?

Cheers

Comment

Oh, and haven't been to a dr in years but should soon

Comment

I am finding 5:2 and Paleo work well.
                    Welcome to 5:2 intermittent fasting The Fast Diet
                    May not be for you but worth a look.
                    link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

stalls are pretty normal, even if frustrating.

sometimes we are shrinking and the scale doesn't reflect that change. are your jeans getting looser?
                      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Well that's just it, they were getting looser even when the scale wasn't moving. Lately though, I've not seen much change

Comment

Originally posted by College Geezer View Post
                          Thanks for all the great replies I'll try and answer all. As far as other aspects of primal, exercise, i play ice hockey (goalie) anywhere from 4-6 hours a week quite high intensity. Over Christmas, like everything, this slowed. It has since resumed. Sleep. We just had a baby, so my sleep is not at 8 hours like it should be, but it's not far off. As far as everyone saying eat more, that's not going to happen. I feel great and definitely do not need more food. Again, I'm not overly concerned with the scale, I just see it as a potential indicator of an issue. Is the consensus here that this plateau is normal and to continue as I am?

Cheers
                          Plateaus are normal, unfortunately. I know I had some periods in the past when I was trying to lose weight where I stayed at the same weight for 3 weeks and then suddenly lost a whole bunch of weight, doing nothing different.

I'd say just stay consistent at what you are doing - don't panic and change things too much. In the end, you want to lose weight long-term. It'sma process and takes time and sometimes lots of frustration. But that's life for you.

Comment

Congrats on your new addition!

I'm really loving seeing all your food pictures - I've just started a journal and wanted to add a picture but it kept saying network error - have you had this before?

Thanks,

L

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                            My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread111039.html

Comment

Yes, it's a real pain in the ass. If I try and use the mda app for my iPad, I get the same error. I have to upload via the website. Like I said, pain in the ass

Comment

Working...
                              X