Carbocide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbocide

Hey guys went to the movies last night and had a planned but now very regretted cheat binge. Popcorn, Pop (which i dont even enjoy) and milk duds. Im feeling awful about it this morning and was wondering if a fasted walk\ sprint session would be beneficial. I am new to PB and havent done much with If's. Does this sound like a good plan?

Hey Djzander - I'm pretty new to this too so I don't have an answer for you but I feel your pain. I just got back from vacation and ate pretty badly while I was gone. I'm just trying to eat really clean right now. The last time I had a carbfest followed by a nice Copper River salmon and some brocholi, it seemed to help.

Comment

forget it and move on

Comment

Originally posted by lmyers04 View Post
        forget it and move on
        +1
        sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

I keep seeing more and more of these types of posts about people who ate some carbs or had some sugar and now they are all upset and beating themselves up over it. How do people live like this? My god, I ate a piece of my grandma's old school apple pie a couple days ago.

You know what?

IT WAS DELICIOUS.

Comment

Well, I agree with Rivvin, but in answer to your question...it MAY be a good idea. If you are at all inclined to 'binge eat' in any way (talking unplanned binges) then I would not recommend fasting after a relatively minor binge like yours (I've put away numerous boxes of cereal, ice cream, cakes and doughnuts in single sittings in the past - yours sounds quite tame!), especially as you're not experienced with IF. Ease into it and plan to break the fast with a light meal (veggies and fish would be good). Don't make the mistake of thinking that just because you've fasted you can make up for it with your post-fast meal. Don't want to end up in a fast/binge cycle.

Comment

^ +++++1!

BALANCE. CONSISTENCY. PATIENCE. COMPASSION. Do not "purge" with an "IF." Instead come right back to center and move on.
              Many people believe the pattern in "binge--> purge." Quite opposite. the pattern is always "purge---> binge."

Consider a purge to be not vomiting, but the behavior of over exercising, over dieting or fasting to accomplish weight loss. Binge eating, for some with a history of disordered eating, follows any type of purge.

"IF" is effecacious and rewarding on many levels. PB uses "IF" as a health strategy as you are going down a road of steady state balance and CONSISTENT paleo eating. It is not used to clean out a binge.

If you have a trackrecord of disordered eating that includes bingeing, or you are coming off a carb binge, this is not the correct time or the proper strategy for an IF. It is also not the correct time to over exercise. GET RIGHT BACK TO CENTER. If you swing the pendulum hard in one direction....it will swing hard in the opposite direction.

And think about what you did...you did not punch a person, you did not comit a crime...you went to a move and enjoyed some mainstream food. I hope you enjoyed it, as you should have. Your body will repair. It will move on physically. Now move on emotionally.
              Last edited by Nova; 06-08-2010, 09:11 AM.
              GROK STAR

Comment

IFing is harder after you at a bunch of carbs than it would be if your last meal was low carb. +1 other than that.
                http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Don't beat yourself up about it.

Reading your list though gave me heartburn. Next time I'd avoid the pop, only cause it isn't something you enjoy, so why bother! If you're going to SIN, then enjoy it.
                  SW: 235
                  CW:220
                  Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
                  Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
                  Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
                  Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Comment

ehh I went through carbicide(nice choice of term, I like it ) this weekend. I'm refusing to beat myself up about it. I'm low on food, nice weather and patience, so I ended up eating some pretty carby/sugary stuff. I did figure out that I'm maybe not eating as much carbs as I need. I think my body doesn't do well in ketosis.
                    I agree with the "No IF after a high carb meal". A high carb meal is going to shot your blood sugar through the roof, pump out a bunch of insulin and drop you back down like a bad habit. You'll just feel like crap, be starving, irritable and want to eat everything in sight.
                    Hope you're feeling better today though .
                    Calm the f**k down.

Comment

Originally posted by Rivvin View Post
                      I keep seeing more and more of these types of posts about people who ate some carbs or had some sugar and now they are all upset and beating themselves up over it. How do people live like this? My god, I ate a piece of my grandma's old school apple pie a couple days ago.

You know what?

IT WAS DELICIOUS.
                      +1.

Also, Im not expert on IF-ing but I would think fasting after a carb binge would be a bad idea. I don't think you'd make it very long without crashing.
                      The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

^ +1 dont give yourself the mental stress if you want it enjoy, if you didn't then why?

Ive noticed a few people still plan to binge or "cave in" as if they are really trying to consciously avoid carbs and such foods. While you still desire these foods its a diet and not a lifestyle. When you're fully primal, the thought of filling your body with such foods will repulse you, and you wont miss your old ways, this is called a LIFESTYLE.
                        www.beatingorthorexia.co.uk

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Comment

I hope you are feeling better too. I understand what you're saying rockstareddy - but it's easier to say than do for some people. Me included. I can be consistent for days or weeks and never think of the idea of the sugar poison. then I come into a situation a little depleted, dehydrated or emotionally down trodden (all easy to avoid and I'm good at it..but can get ambushed...that's life) and all I need is a party with a table of carbs like cookies -- and I'll go for something gluten free - and "not so bad" and that starts a land slide - like you said, if I enjoy it then fine - but if not why? I don't enjoy it and I can't answer that question - but glad it happens rarely.
                          Last edited by Nova; 06-09-2010, 07:13 AM.
                          GROK STAR

Comment

my question to myself is: why is consistency elusive for me - when I love this lifestyle so much? And why is consistency easy for others? What is their secret and what am I doing wrong? each time I fall for the nefarious seduction of the sugar con artist, I don't beat myself up and move forward with a motivated plan. But it happens again a couple weeks later....and I end up with another plan. Am I not hydrating enough? am I waiting too long in between meals? Am I getting too hungry? it's always something different. sleep is critical and even with that being a non-issue (I'm getting 7- 8 hours per night) I find I'm still inconsistent.
                            GROK STAR

Comment

cook up some eggs in butter and go for a walk. Life is too short for guilty feelings if you're not hurting others by your actions.
                              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Working...
                              X