Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kysulli's stomach

old
    Last edited by kysulli; 04-05-2012, 03:03 PM.

I'll be interested to hear what others have to say on this one. I have been reading up on PB, but have not officially started, though I have cut down on my carbs quite a bit. I find that I can only handle a very small amount of nuts, and not daily, or I have similar GI problems. Pain and gas in the lower intestines. I also can not handle much avocado, or I get the same problem along with terrible gas. I pretty much avoid avocado since I don't much care for the taste or texture either. Anyways, maybe avoid any nuts and just stick with olive oil and animal fats for now. Munch on olives for a snack and cook with butter. Hopefully others can chime in with some more advice as well.

Comment

I am not sure what the problem is. But it would be useful to note things that don't cause a problem. What else do you eat?

Comment

It's kind of in the wrong place, but it sounds an awful lot like gall bladder. Some people have to ease into the higher fat thing.

Comment

Hey kysulli - how ya feeling? Not sure what to say about the avocado, other than what was mentioned before. Some people seem to have a sensitivity with them. I eat one everyday because I love them, and so far so good.

Regarding the queasiness: I do have constant queasiness. All.the.time. I have always eaten whole foods - no junk at all - but now I dont eat grains. And, since I began seriously and purposefully eliminating grains I have had an upset stomach. I googled it and apparently it can be related to ketosis. I am pretty good about the acceptable foods and I am in a similar position with regards to queasiness. I actually got some gluten free crakers for my famiy last night (the kids eat GF, not strictly primal) made of potato starch and rice flour, among other seeds and nuts. I tried them to see how they tasted. I loved them, and ate a bunch. Guess what? Went to bed without an upset stomach and this morning I still feel good. It is the first time in the last month when I have woken up and my stomach felt good. So, I am attributing it to the carbs. Though I do eat tubers, I dont eat them everyday. I think I may begin to have a little on a daily basis and see how i do. I would think a month to become adapted to ketosis would be enough, but I feel like I am getting progressively more tired and queasy than healthy. But, this morning I feel like I have more energy. I dont know. Just a guess. I Never used to eat crackers before primal, BTW. I like to make my own stuff. It was just a last minute decision to get the crackers. Bummer b/c now everyone is going to want them all the time. Oh, and FWIW - I never ate any junk food before primal, so I only had to get used to a grain free diet. I would think that if there was a good amount of junky type food before the switch, the queasiness may be your body's way of working with the new diet. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
          X