Coconut Milk ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coconut Milk ???

Does coconut milk cause anyone to have a liquid rear-end? I have So Delicious everyday in my coffee and that is fine. I have been having Thai curry or also coconut milk with berries. It seems to be the curry, but not positive. Any one else with this problem? Will it go away?

yep some folks have commented on that. I think coconut takes a bit of getting used to. I've never had any issues with it in curry though, but the first time I had the coconut oil it disagreed with me. I've been having a little tiny bit daily now.

Comment

It can happen when you first start ingesting a lot of coconut fat; I've heard of it happening more often when people start using the oil, and I've read that it's wise to start off slowly, no more than 1T a day at first. How would that translate to coconut milk? Not sure. Maybe start with 1/2c a day and work up from there? It shouldn't take you long to get accustomed to it.

Stats as of 3/1/12:
      5'10" female, 38 y/o
      Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
      WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
      DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
      EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

Comment

I have been eating coconut oil for months now with no issues. The can coconut milk is a new addition. The So Delicious doesn't bother me, but it isn't strictly coconut milk either. I am hoping I am just eating too much too soon and all with be fine cause I LOVE it. Blueberries with coconut milk is like heaven.

Comment

Yeah that can happen. Seems like if I eat plenty of beef it isn't an issue though.

It's pretty sweet actually:

"oh darn I had a glass of coconut milk, I guess I'll have to eat a kick ass steak now"

Comment

INGREDIENTS: Coconut Cream (Water, Coconut, Guar Gum), Organic Evaporated Cane Juice, Calcium Phosphate, Magnesium Phosphate, Carrageenan, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D-2, L-Selenomethionine (Selenium), Zinc Oxide, Folic Acid, Vitamin B-12.

I use Rapadura Sugar (made from evaporated cane juice) when I do want sugar - two teaspoons per day max. The So Delicious has 6g sugar per cup so it's reasonable I suppose. I don't like foods with added vitamins though, I prefer to control any supplement dosages myself.

Which brand can are you using?

Comment

I am just finishing up a jug of the original, which has more ingredients. The unsweetened has no sugars and 1 carb. I bought the original last time because they were out of unsweetened.

Comment

Working...
              X