Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmm soylent green

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...993883,00.html

I don't know about you but I can't wait!

That's disgusting.

@#$% that.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

It's ironic that PETA are always harping about the ethical implications of humans eating animals and yet they are completely oblivious to the ethical implications of feeding soy to humans.
      Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

"The gases from all those chickens and pigs and cows, and from the manure lagoons that big farms create, are playing a part in global warming."

What a load of fucking bullshit.
        .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
        ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Ick, even when I was vegetarian, I was not into meat substitutes.

Comment

*shudder* we're doomed, aren't we.

Comment

Originally posted by rphlslv View Post
              "What a load of fucking bullshit.
              literally.

I think cow farts have been debunked.

Comment

Originally posted by Helen in Oz View Post
                *shudder* we're doomed, aren't we.
                seems like it. 20 years from now it might even become a staple.
                "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

Maybe it's those grains that are making them fart so much.
                  .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                  ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

They talk as if going to Chili's and getting a soy chicken fajita would be nirvana. I don't think I can wrap my brain around the way some people think.

Comment

When I read the title, 'Soylent Green' I thought the thread was going to be on this subject:

http://www.damninteresting.com/the-g...hout-the-guilt

After all, Soylent Green is..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp-VFBbjpE
                      Retirement has afforded me the ultimate affluence, that of free time (Sahlins/Wells)

Comment

This is what gets me every time. If eating animals is unethical and immoral, then why are the vegetarians trying so hard to make processed soy products that look and [supposedly] taste like MEAT. Wouldn't one think that the person disgusted with the idea of consuming animal products would want to abscond from anything that is supposed to resemble animal products.

What's next, animal free bacon fat? tofu eggs?

I still can't believe that people don't put the two and two together: if soy is supposed to be good for you and aid in a healthy and lean lifestyle, why is it fed to animals to fatten them up prior to slaughter?
                        --
                        Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Comment

DO NOT WANT.

I am very happy with my real, comes-from-a-cow steak, thank you very much.
                          Remember, you are unique just like everybody else.

Comment

There was someone on Etsy making pendants stamped with 'soylent green is people'. I so wanted one!

Comment

Originally posted by TCOHTom View Post
                              When I read the title, 'Soylent Green' I thought the thread was going to be on this subject:

http://www.damninteresting.com/the-g...hout-the-guilt

After all, Soylent Green is..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp-VFBbjpE
                              Well, I suppose if it keeps people from going out and barbecuing their neighbors...
                              Remember, you are unique just like everybody else.

Comment

Working...
                              X