No announcement yet.

Could you eat a horse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, I'm pretty sure it is illegal to hunt donkey here, but where I go for my desert hikes I inevitably see wild burros. They eat them in China and I guess they're pretty tasty too.

Comment

I would love to try horse. These days, since I am Primal, I will at least try anything Well.... a Dog might be different!!!!

Cook me up some horse!
      Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Grol View Post
        and it's cheap, a buck a pound includes slaughter and butchering. I can even trade 2 pounds of horse for 1 pound of Camp Pendleton Bison, up to 50 pounds, but I need to buy 200 pounds of horse. I'm hesitant. Do I want that much horse? It would take up all my freezer space. I have a couple hours to decide.
        What a great deal, and thats still only 2bucks a pound for bison. DO IT!
        sigpic

Comment

I have eaten horse (it's really a local special here in Luxembourg, although rarely served these days), and I would again! (Look at my avatar here, that is the only horse I would not eat )
          The meat is very tender, and delicious with a nice onion/garlic/pepper or red wine sauce (it does have a slightly sweet taste, but you get used to that)

Comment

I've eaten horse stew when I lived in France. Pretty nice, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by MeatMe216 View Post
              Your yard sounds delicious
              It may well be by the time I'm done. Live herbs, veggies, a couple of fruit trees...etc. Squirrels...Thumper. I could do it if I needed or became overran. Then, game on. lol
              Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Comment

Or another way to answer the original question. Despite my feelings to the contrary on occasion, not in one sitting.
                http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

I have eaten horse sashimi in Japan, several times. It is a delicacy in the far south. Very nice, at least the cuts I ate. Would eat again in a heartbeat.
                  If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Absolutely. I'll try most things, I'm pretty openminded with food.

I don't think I could eat a puppy though. :-/
                    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

Originally posted by tfarny View Post
                      I have eaten horse sashimi in Japan, several times. It is a delicacy in the far south. Very nice, at least the cuts I ate. Would eat again in a heartbeat.
                      hard core.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonized View Post
                        Or another way to answer the original question. Despite my feelings to the contrary on occasion, not in one sitting.
                        Haha. I was wondering who would answer that literally.

He who hesitated lost. No horse for me. I may be able to buy a few pounds when it's ready though. Which probably is more what I'm interested in. I like horses. I feed them at the Wild Horse and Burro rescue on 3 day weekends when no one is out there. I take kids to the facility with 50 pounds of carrots just to entertain myself for an hour sometimes. I donate bails of grass when I remember.

Still while I have no problem eating horse, even a horse I have fed, I didn't care for the idea of 150 pounds in the freezers. Why is it though I have no problem with 150 pounds of beef in my freezers?

Comment

As long as it wasn't a personal pet I'd try horse...I've eaten plenty of dog unknowingly in Taiwan and many other strange delicacies in Hong Kong. Never hurts to try it. I am frightened more by the notion of eating tarantulas and large insects that I've seen people eat.
                          Went Primal: 3/28/2010 - 43 lbs lost!
                          Over 15 inches gone!

Primal Journal ~ Jadeocean

Comment

Yes. I would definitely eat horse. Or dog. Or cat. My dad's friend used to be in the army or something (I know it's not the army, but the name evades me), and says that he's eaten dog before.

He says it was pretty tasty.

Then again, my brother has seen him eat a live worm before, so perhaps he is not the best source of information.
                            Remember, you are unique just like everybody else.

Comment

Truly... there is no animal I will not eat.

I've been thinking for some time that I need to get to Canada for a good meal of horse, and visit my friend Meaty!

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                                Truly... there is no animal I will not eat.

I've been thinking for some time that I need to get to Canada for a good meal of horse, and visit my friend Meaty!
                                I wouldeat it and I live in Canada and have never seen horsemeat for sale...anywhere..

Comment

Working...
                                X